Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey, I have a VS starting next week and I found out that apart from the set timetable, there are also a lot of optional talks and events. I was wondering to what extent are these really optional, i.e. is there an expectation to attend all of them or can you actually just go for the ones you are interested in? I would hate to think they are really optional and then realise everyone is actually attending everything. @Jessica Booker if you could provide some GR pespective on this it would be great!
I think it really depends on the extent of them. If there are so many it is clear that you cannot do work you are allocated, then you don't need to do ALL of them, but I think it is important to do as many of them as possible subject to the time you have available.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Holly

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hey! Does anyone have any tips on preparing for an AC? Ive never done one before so not sure what to expect. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Hi :)

Depends a lot on the firm - I've written several articles based around prep for common AC activities. They're available via the link in my comment - please feel free to check them out :)

• Love
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen, law89 and Hele25

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi guys, just a bit confused with law firm practice area terminology. Is financial markets just an umbrella term for debt capital markets and equity capital markets?
    The financial market is a catch-all term for the finance world, includes private financing. The capital market is the publicly-traded debt and equity market. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 202023r and Daniel Boden

Adanna

Jan 14, 2021
    Hey guys, random question but has anyone done the VS or have a TC at pinsent masons? If so can I please privately message you, I’d like some advice on my app and don’t know anyone that works there. Thanks! :)

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    @Jessica Booker I’m wondering if you have a sense from your time in grad rec how prescriptive firms tend to be if they’re funding the GDL and LPC. Would a firm be okay with me starting the GDL in the January intake, for example, and then doing the fast track LPC starting the following January? Also do you think a firm would be okay with me doing either or both online?

els124

Distinguished Member
    Sep 26, 2020
    @Jessica Booker I’m wondering if you have a sense from your time in grad rec how prescriptive firms tend to be if they’re funding the GDL and LPC. Would a firm be okay with me starting the GDL in the January intake, for example, and then doing the fast track LPC starting the following January? Also do you think a firm would be okay with me doing either or both online?

I think most firms list any specifications about where and when they expect you to do those courses in their FAQs so it's probably worth having a look on their websites

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.