2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys,
I did 2 round of interviews at a US firm this cycle for their SVS , and I missed a call from them(Tuesday).The voicemail outlined that the call is for my application outcome, but I have no idea if this is a offer or a rejection, and I called them back thrice, with no answer. So, kind of stuck- should I stop chasing? Emailed them too and asked if they have a time preference. Confused as to what to do next- would appreciate any help :)

D

Deleted member 3795

Has anyone heard back from Browne Jacobson?? It's literally been over a month since I applied. They did state in their confirmation email that if you didn't hear back from them in the 'next few weeks' then it was a rejection, so I'm assuming my app hasn't been taken forward... 🤷‍♀️

Angry New York GIF
Hi

I’ve just been invited to the online tests for the recruitment process.

JayC

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Jan 8, 2021
@Jessica Booker I am wondering if you can give any insight into how this may have happened just because it is so intriguing to me, but I applied to White & Case at the beginning of November listing the Winter scheme as my preference, followed by Spring and lastly Summer as I am not available for the summer scheme. I was invited to Video Interview February 12th and have still not heard anything back from them. I just called them and they looked up my Video Interview and said it's one of the last few left to be watched - they insist that the moment they watch a VI, they give a response on the outcome.

How could it have ended up being one of the very last few to be watched when I applied earlier than many people who completed VIs and heard back from them within days? This is especially strange, because, if I am still in the running as they claim (again they insist that no member of their team has watched my VI yet), then why would they leave it so late that I can only be considered for a scheme I am not available for?

I'm not disappointed as I have had a cycle I am happy with on the whole but this really shows me just how nebulous the world of grad rec can be! Looking for a nugget of insight into the secret world of recruitment before this thread gets shut down 😭

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I am wondering if you can give any insight into how this may have happened just because it is so intriguing to me, but I applied to White & Case at the beginning of November listing the Winter scheme as my preference, followed by Spring and lastly Summer as I am not available for the summer scheme. I was invited to Video Interview February 12th and have still not heard anything back from them. I just called them and they looked up my Video Interview and said it's one of the last few left to be watched - they insist that the moment they watch a VI, they give a response on the outcome.

How could it have ended up being one of the very last few to be watched when I applied earlier than many people who completed VIs and heard back from them within days? This is especially strange, because, if I am still in the running as they claim (again they insist that no member of their team has watched my VI yet), then why would they leave it so late that I can only be considered for a scheme I am not available for?

I'm not disappointed as I have had a cycle I am happy with on the whole but this really shows me just how nebulous the world of grad rec can be! Looking for a nugget of insight into the secret world of recruitment before this thread gets shut down 😭
Is there any form of assessment before the video interview?

We can carry on this conversation in another thread if it does cut off! The forum is not going to end when this specific thread closes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: JayC
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.