Akin Gump Computer Skills Section

sebastianyatra

Dec 18, 2019
Hi all,

For the Akin Gump VS app, there's a section which asks us to rate our computer skills (ranging from 'None' to 'Very good') and then to give details. I'm not sure what exactly they're looking for in this section. I don't have any coding or programming experience, but I know how to use Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc. How has anyone who's applied to Akin Gump interpreted this question?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi all,

For the Akin Gump VS app, there's a section which asks us to rate our computer skills (ranging from 'None' to 'Very good') and then to give details. I'm not sure what exactly they're looking for in this section. I don't have any coding or programming experience, but I know how to use Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc. How has anyone who's applied to Akin Gump interpreted this question?
That is perfectly fine - if you are proficient in Microsoft Office then I would state this try to use examples of when you have used each of these applications through past work/studies maybe and then give yourself the appropriate ranking.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.