Allen & Overy Winter Vacation Scheme 2024

19.mfjones

Star Member
  • Oct 16, 2023
    I'm in the position where I scored good on intellect, but not great on the SJT. Got the review email 26th Sept, applied initially 16th Aug, not heard anything yet. I really reckon imma get PFO but at least it will be the end of this week? Anyone feeling the same right now?
    Also did we fund out that the AC is rolling and non rolling (I'm confused). Us anyone with an AC willing to share what week it is roughly?

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2020
    I'm in the position where I scored good on intellect, but not great on the SJT. Got the review email 26th Sept, applied initially 16th Aug, not heard anything yet. I really reckon imma get PFO but at least it will be the end of this week? Anyone feeling the same right now?
    Also did we fund out that the AC is rolling and non rolling (I'm confused). Us anyone with an AC willing to share what week it is roughly?
    how do you know tou didnt score great on the sjt though?

RBUCL

Premium Member
    Jul 21, 2021
    Just from the feedback from the report - I know it's not that specific, but I just get a vibe
    Likewise. But at an Early Careers Q&A I attended, the recruiter said not to be disheartened by the feedback report as everyone's at stage one in their career, and it's not necessarily indicative of bad performance. So I wouldn't put too much weight on speculating about SJT reports/performance

19.mfjones

Star Member
  • Oct 16, 2023
    Likewise. But at an Early Careers Q&A I attended, the recruiter said not to be disheartened by the feedback report as everyone's at stage one in their career, and it's not necessarily indicative of bad performance. So I wouldn't put too much weight on speculating about SJT reports/performance
    True, but also the fact people have already heard and gotten rejections/ acceptances, I just don't think it will be good. I got the under review email on the 26th which was the same date as someone who got accepted on the 9th. Doesn't look good

Reactions: RBUCL

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.