kk99

Sep 28, 2021
Hi, I'm a final-year law student currently applying for TCs. I stumbled upon an application where the only real 'application question' concerned me as a person and what I have achieved in 600 words. Nothing implied of writing about why I want to work with them specifically, why I want to become a lawyer or how good my commercial awareness is. This is one of the biggest firms as well so I'm quite surprised this is how they phrased it. My question is if this can be considered to be a form of a 'cover letter' where I can freely write what I want or should I just focus on my own achievements? I hope any of this makes sense, I'm trying my best to navigate myself! Any form of tip is appreciated. Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I'm a final-year law student currently applying for TCs. I stumbled upon an application where the only real 'application question' concerned me as a person and what I have achieved in 600 words. Nothing implied of writing about why I want to work with them specifically, why I want to become a lawyer or how good my commercial awareness is. This is one of the biggest firms as well so I'm quite surprised this is how they phrased it. My question is if this can be considered to be a form of a 'cover letter' where I can freely write what I want or should I just focus on my own achievements? I hope any of this makes sense, I'm trying my best to navigate myself! Any form of tip is appreciated. Thanks.
I’d just focus on your achievements. Many firms don’t really care about the motivational aspects as they will pick this up at interview.

Reactions: kk99

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.