BCLP Video Interview

akskhurana

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 24, 2021
    Hello, I have a video interview with BCLP in a week's time. If anyone has experience with the interview, could you tell me what type of questions are there, how long it is, and just overall what it entails!

Pbali

Standard Member
    Mar 9, 2021
    Hi,

I did a video interview with BCLP last application round. I was not successful (but that was probably because I had covid during the interview). The interview is conducted by their grad recruitment team. There were two interviewers. The format threw me off a little, it seemed as if I was up on a projector and they were looking up at me. They weren't really making a lot of eye contact either, so it felt more like I was presenting than being interviewed. Because of this I did feel a little rushed, but if I could do it again, I would probably take my time. So definitely be prepared for something like that.

They were mostly standard questions: why law in the city? why commercial law? why BCLP? I think there were one or two competency questions like explain when you worked in a team.

The interview lasted about 40-45 mins. You are also given an opportunity to ask them questions at the end, I prepared 2-3 qs to ask beforehand.

Reactions: akskhurana

akskhurana

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 24, 2021
    Hi,

I did a video interview with BCLP last application round. I was not successful (but that was probably because I had covid during the interview). The interview is conducted by their grad recruitment team. There were two interviewers. The format threw me off a little, it seemed as if I was up on a projector and they were looking up at me. They weren't really making a lot of eye contact either, so it felt more like I was presenting than being interviewed. Because of this I did feel a little rushed, but if I could do it again, I would probably take my time. So definitely be prepared for something like that.

They were mostly standard questions: why law in the city? why commercial law? why BCLP? I think there were one or two competency questions like explain when you worked in a team.

The interview lasted about 40-45 mins. You are also given an opportunity to ask them questions at the end, I prepared 2-3 qs to ask beforehand.
    Thank you so much for the detailed insight!

Reactions: Pbali

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.