BCLP assessment centre

llesser

Jan 11, 2024
Hi all,

I have an assessment centre at BCLP this week and was wondering if anyone has done one recently and might have any tips? The case study preparation and presentation sounds relatively straightforward but they also mention a marking up exercise, which I'm not sure what that is, as well as a final interview. Does anyone know what that final interview usually covers?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,

I have an assessment centre at BCLP this week and was wondering if anyone has done one recently and might have any tips? The case study preparation and presentation sounds relatively straightforward but they also mention a marking up exercise, which I'm not sure what that is, as well as a final interview. Does anyone know what that final interview usually covers?
A marking up exercise is usually an attention to detail task. You’ll be given a document and asked to review it and make any changes to improve the writing style, accuracy and correct any errors (these might not just be spellings but things like wrong dates/names/time periods/fomatting (eg consistent numbering of terms etc).

aspiringsolicitor1234

Oct 23, 2023
Hi all,

how long after receiving your test report were you offered an AC? :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.