BPP LPC help. 3Days?

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Hi Y'all! Have you managed to register to the LPC programme? The Hub mentions that BPP would get in touch with us so I was wondering if you guys have actually registered properly (whatever "register" even means haha) thank you! Also, any idea how long international book shipping takes from BPP? Thank you very much!

M&A

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 5, 2019
    Same!

Finally the timetable is there! As for modules.. I'm missing the BLP tile but hopefully that will also sort itself out!

Does the intro BLP MCQ test count towards our mark? Or is it like a practice thing only?

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    My son has had his timetable tonight too in the outlook 365 thing (full time London (Holborn) LPC). He had requested 2 long days and instead has 3 mornings a week starting 9am. I suspect that is easier to concentrate in being over 3 days rather than 2 very long days so I do not think that is a problem. He will just have to get used to leaving home before 8am. He says it will be like getting up for school again. I presume his twin will have received his timetable too, but he is out. We will check tomorrow.

He says there is nothing he needs to attend in week 1 ( I suspect that may be, as people say above, that the induction week is not fully showing ye, but I have not seen the timetable so this is just what I was told) .

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    London BPP LPC full time.

In case it helps people let me go through what my sons have had. However if you are sponsored by a law firm it could be different and the firm is likely to set the number of days a week etc. So I would not worry if you have not heard yet but do call them / chase it.

1. 5 July "studentenrolment" team sent an email - Welcome to BPP... giving start date and saying pay (I am their lawyer parent who is paying) and asking for documentation (which we had already sent - passport, transcript, degree cert etc - one of them has sent it 3 times now). It asked them to complete a "contact details form" It said once they had the payment and form and documents they would register them.
    2. I then paid on 13 July. 27 July son sent contact details form and photo to BPP and his brother would have done around the same time.
    3. On 30 July his brother received an email "You are now registered" saying he could log into "the hub" (although I don't think anything LPC related is on there yet when he last looked), It gave him his user name (which is the BPP email address he had last year) and said they were waiting for documents - they were not but he sent them a third time and the email said that time tables would be created in due course.

4. His brother did not receive that "you are registered" email (3), however so he called them, got through and they said they were about to register him which they did whilst he was on the phone. They said that needed some of the documents he had already sent (his transcript- he sent it yet again) and that a survey was going out the next day about which days you would prefer to attend in terms of 2 times a week or whatever and they sent it instead to him right away. Around the same day 5 August they emailed him the survey link " Thank you for your call today. Please see below for the timetable survey link we discussed. https://forms.office.com/pages/resp...1&wdLOR=cB2B38635-CF55-4A3E-8567-A0BD991B5754 "

You need to be registered and to have a student ID number to fill in that linked survey which my sons do have. I just checked the link just now. Their student ID number for the LPC is the same number as they had for the BPP PDGL last academic year just ended.

That survey starts with:-
    "BPP University Law School Timetable Preference Survey
    We look forward to welcoming you as a student to BPP University.
    We will do everything we can to accommodate your choice but, these options can't be guaranteed and are subject to availability
    Your preferences are for September to December workshops or tutorials and don't apply to any lectures or second term schedules
    The full time workload is 40+ hours per week of your time, so please speak to your Admissions Officer if you feel this is not achievable
    If you are being sponsored by a particular Law Firm the survey will direct you to the options you are required to select
    Classes may be scheduled outside of your regular timetable but only when necessary"

I cannot paste here the options as I have not completed the survey myself and don;'t have a copy but was present when one son did it. They clicked to choose 2 days a week.

5. They have both filled in the survey around 5 August saying they would prefer the 2 long days a week option. I cannot remember exactly what the survey asked but it was very short indeed and it did ask if a law firm is sponsoring you and name of the firm if the firm did not come up on their automatic list of law firm names.

6. 6 August -they received an email from the senior admissions officer at BPP (a "do not reply" email ) headed Term Dates which gives the dates for the year for various LPCs - normal full time, accelerated etc. I will see if I can attach it here. It is a pdf. There is a slight error on it - end of Christmas holiday is down as 1st January but 2nd Jan 2022 is a Sunday (unless my 2022 diary is wrong) so I doubt term starts then but will be 3 Jan. First main exams are mid Jan. for the full time September starting normal BPP LPC.

I think that is the latest position above, but one son is working full time as a paralegal so very busy and the other has been busy too so may be they have missed something more recent.

Sorry the above is long and probably repeats what I said in earlier posts but I thought it might be helpful.

My advice would be check your emails - eg we had a slight delay ( 13 - 27 July) as my sons had not noticed that one email said quite far down the email that you must complete the contact form before you will be registered and then my second advice is to call them as it was only by calling my other son speeded up his registration, was told they did not have one of his documents and was sent the timetable survey link. Also if your law firm is not paying then check payment issues as I doubt they register people until some fees are paid.

I am happy to update people when we hear from them on h ere. It is useful having 2 sons on the same course at the same place as they can compare who has had what. I must say with the GDL last year although some documents and registrations were a bit late due to the pandemic and the PGDL being brand new, by the time we got to the start date it was all fine, even if a bit last minute, although one son (the one who did it in London) is still waiting for his last year's student ID card from BPP...........

I will see if I can get the son who is not working to log in to the BPP email account today to see if there is anything new up there.
    Hi Jane! Thank you very much for these information. By any chance would you know the best number to use to try contacting BPP for LPC London queries? I've tried some and they never pick up despite being on hold for very long.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I think you might be looking at the VLE one, but if you go onto the hub and then click on ‘help and support’ and then click office 365 and look at the calendar through that it may work!
    Thank you, unfortunately mine still isn't showing anything - hopefully it'll update soon!

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Thank you, unfortunately mine still isn't showing anything - hopefully it'll update soon!
    Hi Daniel, just wondering whether you have officially "registered" for your LPC course? In "The HUB", under the "Start Here!!" tab, it mentions that for registration, the student enrolment adviser would get in touch and was wondering whether you need to actually register before getting your timetables? Also, have you received your books?

Thank you!

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    I agree with "R203" above. Just in case people are having problems to be able to access things check the following (which is probably already above on this thread but worth summarising). I believe this is necessary before accessing timetables etc :-

Check if you have "registered". On 30 July one of my sons received an email from [email protected] stating "You are now registered" - which gave his "student reference number" (SRN) and referred him to an earlier email which explained how to set up the "Hub" account and password and reminded him if any documents were still needed to be sent to BPP such as degree cert, passport etc (they had been sent earlier in his case - he sent them 2 or 3 times in the end including passport photograph, degree transcript etc). Before that on 7 July he received a "Welcome to BPP university" email which said there were som "simple steps" to register - step 1 pay, step 2 provide the documents and also you complete a "contact details form". He then did that leading to the "you are registered" email once we realised he and his brother needed to get on with those steps to register. It was only when I asked my son to send me the welcome to BPP that any of us read the email in full and noticed you had to do certain things to register. So it might be worth people who are having problems reading emails from BPP if not already done so.

If you have had the "you are now registered " email ( which I am assuming everyone who has registered receives) then make sure you can log into "the hub".

Then on the Hub home page, once logged in, click on "My Learning" on the left hand side. Under "Welcome to" there is a welcome section telling you what to do eg it says you need to make an assessment choice for exams (online or in person - my sons have picked online as that worked fine for them on the PGDL earlier this year), I believe, before you can see everything on the hub. That is headed "Assessment choice - important".

Then again under "Welcome" you can click on "Delivery of materials" - you need to do this before the course ideally, as only when you type in your term time address will they send you a big box of materials which my son received this week. There are two things to do there - give your term time address for the main materials and secondly the address for the company law handbook which comes separately.

For access to the timetable which my son received last night I noticed there was a pdf on the Hub about how to access it - I think one way is:- on the Hub click on "Help and Support" section and then "My Resources" then "My office 365" as someone else has said above. My son yesterday, however, logged on to his BPP email address/account on Office 365 on his mobile, which presumably he had from the PGDL earlier this year, and saw his timetable there.

--------------

I was asked if I had the best phone number of BPP. I have not found one for specific kinds of queries, just the general number. My son who called them last a little while back when he was chasing the survey to indicate which days he wanted to do, probably just called the main BPP UK number which might be 03300 603100. That is the number I called when I paid the fees in early July.

When my other son is around later today I will ask him if he has had his timetable yet (and report back).

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    (By the way, this seems very unlikely, but my son said his friend was told in the last week that when the friend called BPP to ask why they had not heard about the part time LPC they were going to do that it has been cancelled due to lack of demand. I only heard that second hand but it seems a bit strange given how many people want to do the LPC part time whilst doing full time work).
    [Update - it was just that that person wanted the part time LPC classes in the week not weekends and that option was not availlable so they are now doing it part time at weekends]

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    I agree with "R203" above. Just in case people are having problems to be able to access things check the following (which is probably already above on this thread but worth summarising). I believe this is necessary before accessing timetables etc :-

Check if you have "registered". On 30 July one of my sons received an email from [email protected] stating "You are now registered" - which gave his "student reference number" (SRN) and referred him to an earlier email which explained how to set up the "Hub" account and password and reminded him if any documents were still needed to be sent to BPP such as degree cert, passport etc (they had been sent earlier in his case - he sent them 2 or 3 times in the end including passport photograph, degree transcript etc). Before that on 7 July he received a "Welcome to BPP university" email which said there were som "simple steps" to register - step 1 pay, step 2 provide the documents and also you complete a "contact details form". He then did that leading to the "you are registered" email once we realised he and his brother needed to get on with those steps to register. It was only when I asked my son to send me the welcome to BPP that any of us read the email in full and noticed you had to do certain things to register. So it might be worth people who are having problems reading emails from BPP if not already done so.

If you have had the "you are now registered " email ( which I am assuming everyone who has registered receives) then make sure you can log into "the hub".

Then on the Hub home page, once logged in, click on "My Learning" on the left hand side. Under "Welcome to" there is a welcome section telling you what to do eg it says you need to make an assessment choice for exams (online or in person - my sons have picked online as that worked fine for them on the PGDL earlier this year), I believe, before you can see everything on the hub. That is headed "Assessment choice - important".

Then again under "Welcome" you can click on "Delivery of materials" - you need to do this before the course ideally, as only when you type in your term time address will they send you a big box of materials which my son received this week. There are two things to do there - give your term time address for the main materials and secondly the address for the company law handbook which comes separately.

For access to the timetable which my son received last night I noticed there was a pdf on the Hub about how to access it - I think one way is:- on the Hub click on "Help and Support" section and then "My Resources" then "My office 365" as someone else has said above. My son yesterday, however, logged on to his BPP email address/account on Office 365 on his mobile, which presumably he had from the PGDL earlier this year, and saw his timetable there.

--------------

I was asked if I had the best phone number of BPP. I have not found one for specific kinds of queries, just the general number. My son who called them last a little while back when he was chasing the survey to indicate which days he wanted to do, probably just called the main BPP UK number which might be 03300 603100. That is the number I called when I paid the fees in early July.

When my other son is around later today I will ask him if he has had his timetable yet (and report back).
    Update - other son has his timetable now too.
    We looked in the box of physical materials one has received and checked it against the list in the box and there are 11 items but two are identical I think (at least on the front and back they look like they are ) both are "Property and practice Aug 21" rather than one named that and and one called " Prop Law and Practice July21" as on the accompanying list. It would be useful to know if that is the same for others who have had the box of materials.

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    We looked in the box of physical materials one has received and checked it against the list in the box and there are 11 items but two are identical I think (at least on the front and back they look like they are ) both are "Property and practice Aug 21" rather than one named that and and one called " Prop Law and Practice July21" as on the accompanying list. It would be useful to know if that is the same for others who have had the box of materials.
    Thank you very much Jane!

I have some paranoia and apologies for troubling you with them.
    Essentially, I did not receive the "you are not registered" email. I was sent an email which told me to send my transcripts and passport to a specific email ([email protected]) and also to officially "accept my place" through a given link. I was also asked to complete a "contact details form". After I sent my transcripts, I received an automated reply by the admissionsdocuments team saying they received my email of the transcripts pdf.

Weeks later, I received a "welcome to BPP University!" email which gave me information about the VLE, including passports and more importantly, my SRN (Student Ref Number). So surely this means I was registered? But till now, I have not received the "you are not registered" email you mentioned.

Was afraid perhaps if I missed a step. I am trying to be very careful with these admin steps as I've heard many stories about how you must be proactive in these things especially when BPP is involved hahaha.

Also, I am an international student and so have submitted my international address into the "Hub" for shipping of the books. Fingers crossed I receive them soon...

Oh yes, before I forget, I did not even receive any emails about "The Hub". I literally found out about the portal through this kind forum. I am doing the virtual LPC commencing 6th September, similar to the Holborn full-time cohort, and was wondering if many people have not received info on "the hub"...

As always, thanks everyone here!

M&A

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 5, 2019
    Hi Jane,

Unhelpfully I chucked out the list. But I have the materials and have been working with them. There are two different property materials. One is a paperback handbook, statutes for the course. The other is a big stack of punchedholed papers where the reading chapters are.

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Hi Jane,

Unhelpfully I chucked out the list. But I have the materials and have been working with them. There are two different property materials. One is a paperback handbook, statutes for the course. The other is a big stack of punchedholed papers where the reading chapters are.
    How long did it take for you to receive the books from the day you entered your address in the Hub, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

M&A

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 5, 2019
    Also, does anyone know whats the diff between the VLE and the Hub? Kinda seems like there's no use for the VLE as everything is on the Hub? Thanks!
    I had a chat on the phone the ot
    How long did it take for you to receive the books from the day you entered your address in the Hub, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
    From memory, less than a week for the books on the list of 11 as above. Still waiting for the company law book which they said is only released at the end of August.

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020

R203- from what you write above I think you must be registered. (My reference to an email "you are not registered" above was a typo - my son's email had said "you are NOW registered". I just don't know if everyone receives the same emails. Also you received the welcome to BPP with the student registration number. I don't think anyone receives that number unless they are registered and what you describe above is what my sons did - the submissions, accept place, sending contact details form etc. However call BPP on Monday or complete their online contact form this weekend if you have not had your timetable yet as I think it is worth chasing it up.

On date for delivery of materials as far I can see it was about 24 August or 23rd when my son gave the delivery address for the books and then they arrived on 26 August. His twin brother only just filled out those details yesterday so I am hoping his books arrive by the middle of this coming week. This is a delivery to our house here in outer London. I cannot remember the delivery company's name and I do not think my son who has the materials was given a time of day they would arrive which might be an issue for other people as most people are not around all the time but I expect they leave a card if people are not in in the usual way etc

On what is in the box of materials, in case it helps others this is what is listed on the paper list inside the box which lists 11 items (the list was half way down the box not on the top and we only found it yesterday when taking thing out of the box for the first time):-

Business law and practice Aug 21 (this is hole punched study materials)
    Civil and criminal litigation Aug 21 - these are hole punched study materials
    Property and practice aug 21 - hole punched study materials (I think by mistake my son has been sent 2 copies of this one)
    Then on the list at the end there is a different ISBN and item number from the one above "Prop law and practice Jul 21" but what we actually have received from the outside looks exactly like Property and practice Aug 21 with on july 21 date on it. My son has not opened the plastic cover to check if they are the same or not yet. He does not have the paperback handbook which someone helpfully mentioned above "There are two different property materials. One is a paperback handbook, statutes for the course. The other is a big stack of punched holed papers where the reading chapters are." That is why these threads are so useful. I will try to encourage my son to contact BPP on their contact form asking if he should have a property book rather than 2 copies of the punched property notes.
    Skills aug 21 - (hole punched study materials)

CPR other materials (this is a book dated July 2021 with Part 1 on the front)
    CPR other materials (a different one from above - marked Part 2 and also a book)
    PACE ( spiral bound criminal litigation - but like a book rather than punched pages)
    Criminal litigation (this a book and is also headed on the book "Permitted Materials")
    PCR (this is the Professional Conduct book and is spiral bound)
    PCR standards and reg (this is also spiral bound and on professional conduct but is the standards and regulations book)

When his twins' materials arrive, hopefully this coming week, we will compare the two sets. I am sure that if anyone has any book missing that can easily be sorted out with BPP once you start the course. It is more issues like are you registered and have you got your timetable yet that are probably more important.
    My son is also waiting for the Company Law Handbook textbook from the publishers which is likely to be sent this coming week (although my other son who only just sent the address details yesterday might be lucky if it comes this week I suppose).

(I have not looked at differences between VLE and Hub so cannot help on that. We certainly on the Hub under My Learning saw "you are now enrolled on" and then various LPC modules but not Business (company) law one . it may be that one is simply not up there yet and you can access the 63 pages of pre module reading for that subject anyway. It is also confusing for those who did the PGDL last year that you have to wade through a lot of sections on that My Learning page from last year's GDL before getting to the LPC. but that is not a major issue and indeed it might be helpful to have online access to last year's company law and property law etc on the PGDL.)

• 🏆
    Reactions: R203

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.