BPP LPC help. 3Days?

h1

Esteemed Member
Oct 12, 2020
h1, You might well be right - it is just my sons were in different groups over 4 days when the timetables were issued last Friday night, so one put in a request via BPP to have that changed for them both (as they had said on the survey they wanted 2 days a week and to be in the same group for various reasons ) and then he called up about it. One had been showing on the 0365 calendar his original 4 day group and the same on VLE, but today VLE has changed for him to his request - 2 days a week and different group number. His twin's VLE is also showing the same new group and 2 days a week. In other words VLE looks like the days and same group they have both requested so perhaps the Hub itself has just not been updated yet. They have not yet had an email response from BPP about moving groups. It is about an hour door to door to BPP for us so 2 days a week is easier than 4. Anyway here is hoping the move to 2 days a week is in fact not just wishful thinking on our part...... if he cannot get through by 'phone I suggested doing another BPP contact form tomorrow thanking them for the switch of group and mentioining the change is not showing on the Hub yet just VLE which at least might prompt a BPP response. Their older sister said when she did the LPC it was really easy to switch groups. She moved from afternoons to mornings back in the day.....
I wish them the best of luck! Communication really has been tough. I'm doing 2 days a week as well simply because commuting in so many times would be so expensive.

Also, does anyone know where I can find the Programme Handbook (LLM LPC)?

AOD

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jan 21, 2021
@h1I think all the programme information is on the module on the Hub (Legal Practice Course and LLM Legal Practice Course Programme Information).

I have another question: does anyone have a location/link on their timetable for the Monday sessions? I don't have either and not sure if I need to go on campus or not. On my timetable, they show up as 'Welcome Session LLM SGS' and 'PT Session SGS' (which I now think stands for Personal Tutorial). I know they will be different for everyone, but I just wanted to know if you had any information on whether they were online or in person.

M&A

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Oct 5, 2019
@h1I think all the programme information is on the module on the Hub (Legal Practice Course and LLM Legal Practice Course Programme Information).

I have another question: does anyone have a location/link on their timetable for the Monday sessions? I don't have either and not sure if I need to go on campus or not. On my timetable, they show up as 'Welcome Session LLM SGS' and 'PT Session SGS' (which I now think stands for Personal Tutorial). I know they will be different for everyone, but I just wanted to know if you had any information on whether they were online or in person.
I think they are online. I can see a link when I press on the event.

Reactions: Daniel Boden and AOD

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    My son has welcome lecture and support services lecture on Monday 6th Sept ( so two ) and then in person in Holborn first Welcome for his particular group - it gives the group number.

Separate issue my two on the VLE timetable have been moved to the same group as each other which is also just on two days a week only (their ideal and what they originally requested and also recently requested). On the Hub they are still showing as in different groups from each other over 4 days a week. We are assuming the Hub is wrong but one of them is going to call BPP tomorrow to check and they plan to attend in person for their group VLE named group next week unless told otherwise by BPP. I just saw the UoL box of books on a video call which had just arrived for UL LPC person - lovely real text books just like in my day....anyway the BPP teaching and materials are good and I am sure everyone will do fine.
    Hi Jane, are the dates found on the Outlook calendar?

M&A

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 5, 2019
    Thank you for letting me know. I've raised a ticket with them. I hope they get back to me soon, otherwise I will be unable to join the sessions on Monday...
    If you go to the Hub, Welcome tile<Full time Induction tile< induction lectures, you get to a pdf with links to all induction lectures next week. May not be the one of your group but you def will be able to log into one!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    If you go to the Hub, Welcome tile<Full time Induction tile< induction lectures, you get to a pdf with links to all induction lectures next week. May not be the one of your group but you def will be able to log into one!
    That is very useful thank you (this thread is very helpful indeed by the way) eg for my twins London LPC full time Sept (not LPC LLM which h as a slightly earlier Intro session 9.30am) it seems to be online. the one first week session in person for two which is later in the week has "Holborn" against it on the timetables.
    06/09/2021 Monday 10:45 11:45 LPC PL Welcome London
    Camilla Brignall/Charlie
    Radcliffe https://tinyurl.com/v892sfcy

06/09/2021 Monday 12:00 13:30 LPC/LLM Support Services National
    Chris Wilson/Edward
    Kalu/Lucy Wildig https://tinyurl.com/9zvrkmfu

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Does anyone have any idea what "LRR Induction" on Friday for "National" location by Anthony O'Loughlin refer to? National refers to all branches of BPP right?

Also, I can't seem to find my SGS welcome induction on my calendar :( Does anyone have this issue as well :(((

AOD

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 21, 2021
    Found them! Thank you very much, this is super useful!

AOD

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 21, 2021
    Does anyone have any idea what "LRR Induction" on Friday for "National" location by Anthony O'Loughlin refer to? National refers to all branches of BPP right?

Also, I can't seem to find my SGS welcome induction on my calendar :( Does anyone have this issue as well :(((
    LRR is Law Review and Reform - however I have that session as LLR&NCA SGS on my timetable from 9:00 - 10:00 and two library SGSs from 10:00 and 12:00 that day (with no location), but I'm not sure if they're the same or different. Anthony seems to be the person teaching on LRR though.

I can see my Induction SGS - it's on Wednesday for me and it's in person.

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    Hi Jane, are the dates found on the Outlook calendar?
    It is a bit complicated in our case as they have dates for 2 groups on the outlook calendar and then dates for one 2 day a week group which are a different group when logging in on https://my.bpp.com/vle/. We are hoping the vle is correct in their case as the timetable there is their preference (same group as each other and 2 days a week not 4) and recently changed on the VLE to that group. Like someone else above said it is also cheaper in terms of transport costs if they are in on 2 full days a week rather than 4 half days.

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    LRR is Law Review and Reform - however I have that session as LLR&NCA SGS on my timetable from 9:00 - 10:00 and two library SGSs from 10:00 and 12:00 that day (with no location), but I'm not sure if they're the same or different. Anthony seems to be the person teaching on LRR though.

I can see my Induction SGS - it's on Wednesday for me and it's in person.
    Thank you! Are these on your Outlook Calendar?

AOD

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 21, 2021
    Same here... Have they gotten back to you on your query?
    No, not yet. I don't think they will get back to me today given how many people are experiencing different issues... I have found the link for the first session where M&A indicated, so I will just attend that one and hope for the best for the other ones. I have also discovered I have a 'PT Session SGS' at the same time the 'Student Services' session is on (and no location for it), so if they don't get back to me soon I will have to call them on Monday morning.

Later Edit: Just as I was submitting this reply, I got an email from BPP saying 'Work has started on your case.' Fingers crossed they sort it out quickly.

• Love
    Reactions: M&A

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    My son was on hold on the phone to BPP for 33 mins first thing today so hung up and put in a second query form (again about which group my sons are in as had had no response to the first), given VLE and Hub timetables give different groups. (He has also now had a "starting work on your case" email) Not had confirmation yet. Remain hopefully they have both been moved to the same 2 day a week group on the VLE.

Separately, his materials arrived today which are complete (other than the company law handbook coming separately for both twins) and we can now see the property book his twin is missing whose materials came earlier, so he can raise a query on that.

Sessions like "student services" will not be that vital for people to attend if they are not around compared with a session on law, although if you can attend so much the better as it is useful to know what resources are available.

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    My son was on hold on the phone to BPP for 33 mins first thing today so hung up and put in a second query form (again about which group my sons are in as had had no response to the first), given VLE and Hub timetables give different groups. (He has also now had a "starting work on your case" email) Not had confirmation yet. Remain hopefully they have both been moved to the same 2 day a week group on the VLE.

Separately, his materials arrived today which are complete (other than the company law handbook coming separately for both twins) and we can now see the property book his twin is missing whose materials came earlier, so he can raise a query on that.

Sessions like "student services" will not be that vital for people to attend if they are not around compared with a session on law, although if you can attend so much the better as it is useful to know what resources are available.
    Thank you very much for the updates Jane!

My SGS Welcome Introduction session is missing and I might actually miss it if they do not update before the weekend :(

Any idea if the SGS Welcome is substantially important? So worried to miss such stuff especially at the start! :(

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

What do you mean by property book out of interest? Not sure I got one of those...

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.