BPP or University of Law for LPC?

frow3n

Distinguished Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone would be able to advise on a few specific set of questions I have regarding these to London LPC providers.

I did the GDL at BPP Waterloo and achieved a distinction in 2019/20 (open book examinations resulting from Covid-19). When it comes to choosing my now LPC provider I have a couple of questions concerning the examinations at the two providers; I currently have offers to study at BPP Holborn and UoL Moorgate.

• Will it matter to employers if I did my GDL at BPP and switched to UoL for LPC? I currently don’t have a training contract but would do the same corporate electives.
  • I understand that UoL is open book for the 3 hour written exams and closed book for MCQs. Does anyone have any insight as to how LPC exams are done at BPP with the ‘permitted materials’ that they allow? Is there as much of a need for memorisation as there was on the GDL?
Hopefully someone can offer some insight into their own experience! :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.