Clifford Chance TC

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
My portal just says "active- accepting job submissions" and it hasn't been updated. I'm assuming I'm in the same boat though, since I'm not in the priority pool!

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
I can’t work out if they are reading non priority? If they aren’t surely they would have just sent out a batch of rejections based on the fact priority is full, I also haven’t heard of any watson glaser invites? Very confused! Time will tell...

Having similar thoughts!

Reactions: Selggib16

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    I can’t work out if they are reading non priority? If they aren’t surely they would have just sent out a batch of rejections based on the fact priority is full, I also haven’t heard of any watson glaser invites? Very confused! Time will tell...

Non-priority final year law here. I was sent my Watson Glaser one day after my application. After completing it, I received an email telling me that I passed and that I am currently being reviewed. The process has not been so similar to everyone, however. Lets hope that it will clear up in the next few days...

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HCY and Selggib16

R1a01

Distinguished Member
    Nov 4, 2019

I've also heard of quite a few priority candidates that have been rejected today as well!

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    No portal update usually means a rejection right. Oh well

This whole process has been more complicated than it should be. However, are you sure that it is usually a rejection? I always play by the no news = good news rule, especially if Clifford seems to be very active in responding!

HCY

Star Member
    Aug 17, 2019
    This whole process has been more complicated than it should be. However, are you sure that it is usually a rejection? I always play by the no news = good news rule, especially if Clifford seems to be very active in responding!

To be honest I wouldn’t say I’m completely sure, so who knows. Praying it’s good news .

Reactions: Moe

aspirelegal

Dec 17, 2020
    Hi I received an email stating that I passed the Watson Glaser and that my application is currently under review.

Hey!

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I received an initial email shortly after submitting the WG with the same message but, because I got that before the 10th Dec deadline, I think I took that as just a general automated message haha.

Okay, glad to hear there's still hope - hopefully we get an idea soon of when to expect a response for the next stage!

Reactions: Edward88 and Moe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.