CMS Application 2020

Sumaiyah

Jan 2, 2020
Hey guys,

I've applied for the CMS Academy 2020 and had some questions about the whole process. If anyone can answer that would be much appreciated!

1) After the online application form, which test are applicants asked to complete? I've read online that it's a critical reasoning test - I would assume that it's the Watson Glaser but online I haven't found much updated info about this. If it's not Watson Glaser, does anyone know the specific test provider?

2) Is there a video interview during the process? Curious to know how those who have completed it have found it.

3) At the assessment centre, are you required to take more psychometric tests? On TCLA threads about the CMS AC I haven't read anything about them, but elsewhere online I did. If you did take psychometric tests, what did they involve e.g. numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning etc..

Thank you!

lawstudent2111

Feb 22, 2020
Hey guys,

I've applied for the CMS Academy 2020 and had some questions about the whole process. If anyone can answer that would be much appreciated!

1) After the online application form, which test are applicants asked to complete? I've read online that it's a critical reasoning test - I would assume that it's the Watson Glaser but online I haven't found much updated info about this. If it's not Watson Glaser, does anyone know the specific test provider?

2) Is there a video interview during the process? Curious to know how those who have completed it have found it.

3) At the assessment centre, are you required to take more psychometric tests? On TCLA threads about the CMS AC I haven't read anything about them, but elsewhere online I did. If you did take psychometric tests, what did they involve e.g. numerical reasoning, abstract reasoning etc..

Thank you!

Hi! I didn't apply for the Academy but for First Steps! After my application, I was invited to do the Watson Glaser and then last week was invited to and did a VI last week! The VI was what I expected with your usual why us and competency-based questions- 4 questions with 60 seconds to prep and 60 seconds to answer each one! Still waiting to hear back and unsure of the process after this! If anybody knows how long it roughly takes for them to get back to you after VI that would be great and what happens if you pass this stage for First Steps?

• ℹ️
Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.