Dechert App Question

Camilla Gionso

Distinguished Member
Commercial Writer
Sep 29, 2018
Hey everyone! I am completing Dechert's app, and one of the questions is:

Dechert is frequently retained to work on the most challenging matters, and prides itself on its ability to deliver premium legal services and sound business judgment to its clients. In your opinion, other than the above, what are the three key reasons why our clients instruct us?

I am assuming it's asking why their clients choose them? As in, which three qualities of the firm appeal to clients? Anyone interpreted in another way?

Thanks!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey everyone! I am completing Dechert's app, and one of the questions is:

Dechert is frequently retained to work on the most challenging matters, and prides itself on its ability to deliver premium legal services and sound business judgment to its clients. In your opinion, other than the above, what are the three key reasons why our clients instruct us?

I am assuming it's asking why their clients choose them? As in, which three qualities of the firm appeal to clients? Anyone interpreted in another way?

Thanks!!

I read this as why they stay with the firm rather than why they initially choose them (there will be a lot of the same points though). Maybe I am too focused on the “retained” part of the first sentence though.

Romiras

Legendary Member
Associate
Apr 3, 2019
Yes, it is asking why Clients are instructing Dechert over its competitors (or perhaps just instructing Dechert in a vacuum) and you need to provide three key reasons.

You are also told you cannot use the generic points that: Dechert is working on the most challenging matters (headlining deals), is good at delivering premium legal service (expertise/high tier), and provides sound business judgment to its clients (industry know how/commercial dimension).

There are still plenty of things to talk about like pricing structure, business development, etc

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    I know this thread is from last year, but I was wondering if anyone can shed some light into the sort of things that can be talked about for this question? I am really struggling with this question.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.