Difference between compliance and legal jobs

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    Hi guys,

I have sent my CV to a financial consultancy firm for a compliance internship and I have now reached written assessment stage. However, I wasn't quite sure whether I should proceed with the application as I still wish to do legal work. I also have very little knowledge of compliance and zero past experience in it.

I wish to know about the difference between compliance and legal jobs like paralegal or doc review. Is it a huge deviation if I do this internship as I still wish to qualify as a solicitor through TCs?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys,

I have sent my CV to a financial consultancy firm for a compliance internship and I have now reached written assessment stage. However, I wasn't quite sure whether I should proceed with the application as I still wish to do legal work. I also have very little knowledge of compliance and zero past experience in it.

I wish to know about the difference between compliance and legal jobs like paralegal or doc review. Is it a huge deviation if I do this internship as I still wish to qualify as a solicitor through TCs?

Thanks!
    How long is the internship for?

eleven14og

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    How long is the internship for?
    Hi Jessica,

Sorry for the belated reply. To be honest I am not sure. I saw the job post on my university careers website and it just says 'internship programme'. But it has 3 stages, one written assessment and 2 interviews. So I'm guessing it is not going to be a short one.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.