DLA Piper AC

LawGal

Sep 13, 2018
I got invited to the AC which is taking place next week! I'm panicking and did not expect this! I would appreciate it if any of you who have been through this process to share your experiences :) They were pretty vague and mentioned that I have the following: Competency-based interview · Group exercise · Analysis presentation.

Would you say that the analysis presentation is a case study?

Thanks!

Ginevra Bizzarri

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jun 19, 2018
hey @LawGal yes presentation is a case study pack which they give you
you have 1 hour to read it through, make notes and prepare a presentation which you will then present to a partner
the partner will then question you on the presentation!
hop this helps

• ℹ️
Reactions: LawGal

_Will_

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I got invited to the AC which is taking place next week! I'm panicking and did not expect this! I would appreciate it if any of you who have been through this process to share your experiences :) They were pretty vague and mentioned that I have the following: Competency-based interview · Group exercise · Analysis presentation.

Would you say that the analysis presentation is a case study?

Thanks!

Hi LawGal, I hope that your AC went well! Could you possibly help me with a few questions about it? I have it next week!
  • For the competency-based interview, was this a discussion strictly around competencies, or did it also include other kinds of questions?
  • What did the group exercise involve exactly?
  • What was the subject of your analysis presentation?
  • Do you have any general tips around how best to prepare for the AC?
Many thanks in advance -- I really appreciate any assistance you can offer! :)

MA96

Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice regarding the group exercise, interview and analysis? Also regarding the running of the day as a whole? Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.