• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi does anyone remember how many days they were given to finish the WG for DLA?
If you have been invited to take the WG, I would check the email or the portal to make sure about the number of days you have or even call/email grad rec. 14 days is, of course, possible but that is a very long time - firms tend to give something in the region of 5 days

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
If you have been invited to take the WG, I would check the email or the portal to make sure about the number of days you have or even call/email grad rec. 14 days is, of course, possible but that is a very long time - firms tend to give something in the region of 5 days
I thought 14 days might be a bit long. I am yet to submit my application but going to wait a couple of days because I wont be able to take the test till the weekend and a couple of firms in the past have not extended my WG. Thank you for the advise :)

Reactions: Alice G

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello!! Can confirm DLA gives you 14 days to complete the test.

Also, does anyone know once you have completed the test if DLA Piper lets you know if you have passed or not?

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
I am attempting to insert my business news story into DLA Piper's application form but keep on receiving the error message that my news story is over the character limit (which it is not). Did anyone face a similar issue and knows how to tackle it? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I am attempting to insert my business news story into DLA Piper's application form but keep on receiving the error message that my news story is over the character limit (which it is not). Did anyone face a similar issue and knows how to tackle it? Thanks :)

If you have lots of paragraph spacing it may be down to it counting that as a high number of characters. Can also happen with some special characters like bullet points.

Reactions: Alice G

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
If you have lots of paragraph spacing it may be down to it counting that as a high number of characters. Can also happen with some special characters like bullet points.
Thanks, Jessica! I tried removing the paragraphs and even the special characters as you suggested but none of this works. I have contacted Grad Recruitment now, so hopefully, they can help!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks, Jessica! I tried removing the paragraphs and even the special characters as you suggested but none of this works. I have contacted Grad Recruitment now, so hopefully, they can help!

it’s going to be something about your formatting or it’s going to impact every candidate if it’s an application error

Sophie Doherty

Jun 30, 2020

I'm unfortunately having the same trouble with my application. Did Grad Recruitment manage to get back to you about this? thanks!

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
I'm unfortunately having the same trouble with my application. Did Grad Recruitment manage to get back to you about this? thanks!

Hi Sophie, They responded to me, essentially saying that you need to reduce your character count to below 1600 characters with spaces (it was 226 words for me). They also said that they will review the guidance re character count stated in the question as it may be a bit confusing for some. Hope that helps!

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
@0603 @r123455 I submitted my DLA Piper application but I did not receive a confirmation email re the submission of my application. Did one of you receive one? Tiny bit worried :D
You should receive one shortly! I received a confirmation email within two hours I think. (Check your spam, mine was in my spam). Also they don’t send the WG immediately. They send them out weekly. So don’t worry if you don’t get that either. You will! I think they send it out every Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uvaia and castrooo

Sophie Doherty

Jun 30, 2020
Hi Sophie, They responded to me, essentially saying that you need to reduce your character count to below 1600 characters with spaces (it was 226 words for me). They also said that they will review the guidance re character count stated in the question as it may be a bit confusing for some. Hope that helps!
Ah, that makes much more sense now. Thank you!

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
You should receive one shortly! I received a confirmation email within two hours, I think. (Check your spam, mine was in my spam). Also, they don’t send the WG immediately. They send them out weekly. So don’t worry if you don’t get that either. You will! I think they send it out every Friday.

Thanks for sharing your insights :) I have still not received the confirmation email (checked spam, etc.) even though I submitted my application early this morning. I am now wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I am reapplying and the form for this application cycle still displayed all the details and the answer to the application question from last year etc. which is why I deleted all the information and answered everything completely new. Am a bit confused now :D

Last edited:

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for sharing your insights :) I have still not received the confirmation email (checked spam, etc.) even though I submitted my application early this morning. I am now wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I am reapplying and the form for this application cycle still displayed all the details and the answer to the application question from last year etc. which is why I deleted all the information and answered everything completely new. Am a bit confused now :D
ahh I doubt its an issue due to you re-applying. Some of these portals just store your information. I do know DLA tends to send out things periodically. Maybe ifyou should email Grad Rec if you dont hear back in a week? They are usually pretty prompt in their replies. I am 100% certain though there is nothing to worry about. Log back into your portal and check if the status says something on the lines of your application has been submitted? Hope this helps :)

Reactions: castrooo

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020

Ugh this character limit was so annoying! I feel like they should have made it clear, instead of saying 250 words. I feel like I had to completely butcher my answer for it to fit...

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    @0603 @r123455 I submitted my DLA Piper application but I did not receive a confirmation email re the submission of my application. Did one of you receive one? Tiny bit worried :D
    Hi, last year when I applied last year, I did the test on day of the deadline and then did not receive any confirmation for 9 days after the test - I had to e-mail the GR to double check and they told me that they had it, so maybe e-mail them if you dont hear soon :)

A12345

Dec 18, 2018
    Hey! I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this! :) I'm just filling in my application for DLA Piper and can't seem to figure out how to add my module grades? Does the application not require you to put down your individual module results? Just your yearly results? Or do I need to list them in the CV I submit?

Thank you!!

Reactions: NadineBusty

Guilherme Carvalho

Dec 4, 2020
    Hey! I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this! :) I'm just filling in my application for DLA Piper and can't seem to figure out how to add my module grades? Does the application not require you to put down your individual module results? Just your yearly results? Or do I need to list them in the CV I submit?

Thank you!!
    Hey! I wrote my yearly results on the online form and then listed my individual modules and grades in my CV. Hope that helps.

Reactions: A12345

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.