DLA Piper

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
I am able to apply for the January TC, but there's no London office option

Does anyone know if they want a cover letter as well? Not particularly clear from their recruitment website!

No cover letter required from what I understand.

Yes, no London option for a direct TC, which is a shame. I suspect they’ll try to fill all from the summer scheme.

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
@Benjamin Cull At the London Presentation the head of GR said you could submit a cover letter if you wanted to but its not necessary.

@Jaysen (and anyone else) When mentioning insight events at law firms on your cv how specific would you be about what this entailed? eg would you just mention there was a presentation by x and networking with trainees etc or would you mention what they spoke about in more detail and names of who you spoke to?

Thanks in advance :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    @Benjamin Cull At the London Presentation the head of GR said you could submit a cover letter if you wanted to but its not necessary.

@Jaysen (and anyone else) When mentioning insight events at law firms on your cv how specific would you be about what this entailed? eg would you just mention there was a presentation by x and networking with trainees etc or would you mention what they spoke about in more detail and names of who you spoke to?

The former. If you want to go into more detail on a particular aspect, that would be more appropriate for a cover letter/application form.

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018

The former. If you want to go into more detail on a particular aspect, that would be more appropriate for a cover letter/application form.

Also I would very very briefly include if any of these were assessed prior to attendance or required a detailed application. As there are quite a few different type of events out there

Reactions: Jaysen

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    @Ginevra Bizzarri would you recommend any particular verbal practice sites which are similar to the format of the DLA one?

(They don’t seem to have any practice ones on their site so I’m practicing ones through my uni and hoping it’s similar)

Ginevra Bizzarri

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jun 19, 2018
    hey, sorry i just saw this!
    tbh i didn't practice before the test lat year, it was only the verbal reasoning one. I hear this year they put a numerical get though?
    as far as the verbal goes its quite simple, not WG style, so true/false/cannot say (although they might have changed it too!).
    if you want to practice for maths tests go on websites like assessment day they have a few free practice tests i think!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.