DLA Piper

D

Deleted member 69

Stupid question about DLA Piper's application form -- do you attach your CV as you would normally or do you adjust it so as to leave out the details the firm has already obtained from the application form i.e., would I remove my address, email, references and the 'introductory' mini para under my name etc. Would you even go as far to remove the work experience from the CV as they provide a section for this on the online application form?

Would be grateful if anyone could provide any insights here, I am v confused!!

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
Stupid question about DLA Piper's application form -- do you attach your CV as you would normally or do you adjust it so as to leave out the details the firm has already obtained from the application form i.e., would I remove my address, email, references and the 'introductory' mini para under my name etc. Would you even go as far to remove the work experience from the CV as they provide a section for this on the online application form?

I would remove the personal details which are listed elsewhere in the application but am also undecided about what to do about work experience, thinking maybe do max three bullet points for each one on cv and then expand more in the work experience sections on the app form??

D

Deleted member 69

I would remove the personal details which are listed elsewhere in the application but am also undecided about what to do about work experience, thinking maybe do max three bullet points for each one on cv and then expand more in the work experience sections on the app form??
I just had another look at the app form and think I actually got it wrong -- for the Summer Internship 2019 application there's no space to put your work experience on the app, so guessing you do just keep it all on your CV?!

Also for the education section have you just put all your A levels together under one listing or have you added a separate section for each A level result? Find it a bit weird that they don't ask for an actual breakdown of subjects etc., but I guess it will all be on CV?!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

I'd submit your CV as normal.

Reactions: Ginevra Bizzarri

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.