From Campus to Cubicle: Miss Piggy's Journey 🐽

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I *really* want to post this on the vacation scheme thread because I am genuinely so curious as to what other people think 🤣😭 but don't want to be that annoying user who derails threads. But there's this ex-MC lawyer on LinkedIn who posts about spending his days surfing and living a nomadic lifestyle (left law). I LOVE that. In fact, I started following him for that because I honestly love seeing others finding joy and their purpose in life and hope to do the same, whatever that may look like for me.

Anyway, but I am finding his content quite cringe? Like share your journey on a more suitable platform, like insta or something? It just feels like that colleague who quits work and then doesn't stop sharing posts about it to rub in your face 🤣🤣 like imagine being his ex-colleague and seeing his surfing content come on your LINKEDIN FEED 😭😭😭

Kind of stan him shamelessly flaunting his life but also think it's a bit disingenuous posting it about on LinkedIn of all places.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    I *really* want to post this on the vacation scheme thread because I am genuinely so curious as to what other people think 🤣😭 but don't want to be that annoying user who derails threads. But there's this ex-MC lawyer on LinkedIn who posts about spending his days surfing and living a nomadic lifestyle (left law). I LOVE that. In fact, I started following him for that because I honestly love seeing others finding joy and their purpose in life and hope to do the same, whatever that may look like for me.

Anyway, but I am finding his content quite cringe? Like share your journey on a more suitable platform, like insta or something? It just feels like that colleague who quits work and then doesn't stop sharing posts about it to rub in your face 🤣🤣 like imagine being his ex-colleague and seeing his surfing content come on your LINKEDIN FEED 😭😭😭

Kind of stan him shamelessly flaunting his life but also think it's a bit disingenuous posting it about on LinkedIn of all places.
    ngl I love that type of content, I think posting it on linkedln is so funny because linkedln is all about the grind and bragging rights and ure right imagine his colleague pulling a 3am to close a deal to jus see him surfing, the way it'd boil my blood 😭 BUT I love that for him I wanna see his feed, whats his name?

NW Law

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021

this is what happens when ur too young for the facebook crowd and ur too old for instagram crowd!!!

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    ngl I love that type of content, I think posting it on linkedln is so funny because linkedln is all about the grind and bragging rights and ure right imagine his colleague pulling a 3am to close a deal to jus see him surfing, the way it'd boil my blood 😭 BUT I love that for him I wanna see his feed, whats his name?
    Especially if you had beef with those colleagues 😭🤣 It's Adam Chambers

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    My back hurts (??) and I am so done with trying so hard for coursework. My current module IS SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME. I am going to rush it and then move on to my diss, which is at least somewhat more engaging. Ugh.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    How do people remain focused for so long? Maybe I am getting fidgety and anxious and losing focus, but I will work for a few minutes, stress and take a break and repeat. I think I just need to accept my life will be constant work for until the end of the month and make peace with my fate. 🥲

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.