From Campus to Cubicle: Miss Piggy's Journey 🐽

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
LOOOOOOL the mental/verbal diarrhea on this blog is starting to make me laugh. Anyway, Stephenson Harwood better adopt me because I am a homeless applicant!!!!! They need me in their lives and I need a huge phat vac scheme.

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Do you ever just hang out with someone and feel like they don't fully appreciate your presence or that it's just a little awkward? Feeling that way with someone so may need to cut it back 🔪
    Yass I feel you on that I cut friends off for that reason or limited my time with them!

slight rant but I also get that vibe from ppl on this forum too!

soo many will message asking for help and then you help them and they ignore they can’t even say thank you it’s disgusting.

i‘ve had people ask me for help with A firm I am currently in the running for as well and I’ve never spoken to them!!
    Why would I give you VI questions to a firm I am also waiting back to hear from and you can barely say it nicely.

I can happily say I have made friends through this forum that I will help wholeheartedly regardless If I’ve applied and still waiting to hear back. I’m soo big on helping people on this forum if ive had interviews/AC’s or done a VI for a firm but some people forget that you’ve also applied to that firm and want a VS/TC myself😭😭

not to mention the ones who ask Jessica and axel for help but can’t say thank you on the forum!! Yes it’s their job but manners go a long way🤧

whew 🤣

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Yass I feel you on that I cut friends off for that reason or limited my time with them!

soo many will message asking for help and then you help them and they ignore they can’t even say thank you it’s disgusting.

i‘ve had people ask me for help with A firm I am currently in the running for as well and I’ve never spoken to them!!
    Why would I give you VI questions to a firm I am also waiting back to hear from and you can barely say it nicely.

I can happily say I have made friends through this forum that I will help wholeheartedly regardless If I’ve applied and still waiting to hear back. I’m soo big on helping people on this forum if ive had interviews/AC’s or done a VI for a firm but some people forget that you’ve also applied to that firm and want a VS/TC myself😭😭

not to mention the ones who ask Jessica and axel for help but can’t say thank you on the forum!! Yes it’s their job but manners go a long way🤧

whew 🤣
    real

• 🤝
    Reactions: Legalstalker

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    When is yours due? I am literally planning on dedicating 8 hours to it daily because I left it too last minute. I don't even know where all the time in the year went 😭😭 like I don't even know at this point, I swear.

Also, makes me feel less alone knowing I am not the only one working on my first chapter <3 Drop me a message if you want to talk about anything diss related, it would be good to share our research strategies and just generally vent lol
    I need to get my first chapter written SOON and im still in the planning stages which is great

• 🤝
    Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023

whew 🤣
    Yeah I think sometimes cutting off or distancing yourself from certain people is the best course of action! Feel free to share more on that though, I do love juicy tea lol

Oh yeah, I can't imagine how annoying that must become after a while 😭 Honestly you are very kind to go out of your way to help people. Especially asking you questions abt the application process to gain unfair advantages (not that I haven't done that myself), but there's a way to go about that, right? And then to not even take the time to thank the person properly is very irritating. I have found one or two people at my uni to be also quite opportunistic in this regard, they will use you until they need you and then completely ghost 💀 one person comes to mind especially but let's not spill the tea publicly lol

Last edited:
    Reactions: Legalstalker

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    My back is sore from the gym😭 had a nice indoors run though. you know when you feel overstimulated and you are overly aware of all the annoying details? Coffee gives me issues but lately it's been HITTING the spot and now I can't stop. Third cup today. I have a supervision for my diss tomorrow so I got myself to the 24/7 library. Only going to stay until around midnight so nothing too awful.

The roof in my room is leaking and this happened in the hallway before it collapsed so 💀 drip. drip. drip. It was getting too irritating so I knew I couldn't focus in my room. It only does that when it rains. Reported it to landlord but it's so annoying. I am paying A LOT of money for this flat (central location). If any land law students or lawyers know of any relevant law and how I can pay less or whatever (because how am I paying full rent for a room like that!!), let me know xx

lllaaawww098

Valued Member
    Oct 14, 2022
    My back is sore from the gym😭 had a nice indoors run though. you know when you feel overstimulated and you are overly aware of all the annoying details? Coffee gives me issues but lately it's been HITTING the spot and now I can't stop. Third cup today. I have a supervision for my diss tomorrow so I got myself to the 24/7 library. Only going to stay until around midnight so nothing too awful.

The roof in my room is leaking and this happened in the hallway before it collapsed so 💀 drip. drip. drip. It was getting too irritating so I knew I couldn't focus in my room. It only does that when it rains. Reported it to landlord but it's so annoying. I am paying A LOT of money for this flat (central location). If any land law students or lawyers know of any relevant law and how I can pay less or whatever (because how am I paying full rent for a room like that!!), let me know xx
    Replying to this hoping it can be helpful, you can technically enforce your "fit for purpose" clause in your rent contract which should be under the inhabitability section - you have to have the house fine for you to live in under it (maybe a local advice clinic or ombudsman may help??? not sure tho)

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Replying to this hoping it can be helpful, you can technically enforce your "fit for purpose" clause in your rent contract which should be under the inhabitability section - you have to have the house fine for you to live in under it (maybe a local advice clinic or ombudsman may help??? not sure tho)
    Thank you for sharing that! The landlord/agency are taking action which makes it annoying 😭 someone's coming over tomorrow at 8am apparently to take a look. If they delay it any further (they are waiting for right weather conditions), I will look into this.

• 🤝
    Reactions: lllaaawww098

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    No, because going to tutors is the most humbling and humiliating experience on earth. I fully ask the dumbest questions because I am behind on work and use their office hours to ask very general questions and I am sure it shows that I know about 2% of the content in the module. I feel like I would change my ways if I ever failed majorly but I don’t think I have ever done irreversible damage because of my tendencies to put off things (mostly because I am anxious and also because of sheer laziness). I genuinely do think it all comes down to self-belief. If you consider yourself to be reasonably capable of producing something sensible, you wouldn’t put it off. Add perfectionism to that mix and you have a lovely disaster waiting to happen. Oh well. :( To make things worse, I am currently distracted because of a certain ‘situation’ (and I shall say no more on that). I am going to put on my spiritual girlie hat and manifest for things to happen that are meant to happen and not stress about things outside of my control. I do wish I was one of those people who genuinely believed that if things are meant to be, they will be and if you don’t get something you want, it’s because the universe is looking out for you. I am going to try and hold onto that for now.

I think I have spoken about this on here before, but the university changed my supervisor as the previous one left. I do wish he hadn’t taken on my topic if he knew he was leaving (which he must have surely). To make matters somewhat worse, he chose my replacement for me and I don’t really benefit from this new supervisor’s discussions. Interactions with her aren’t the easiest. Older academics (and more senior) aren’t the most approachable but I think this is good practice for when I graduate. Learning to work with diverse personalities is giving me work experience application flashbacks. Ewwwww. Anyone else low-key scared they are graduating? I guess I should think positively about future possibilities, which are going to be great I am sure! (Trying so hard to be positive here lol)

This is my place to vent so I hope you all don’t judge me for being so negative. But, I have to get this off my chest. So I went to see a tutor from a specific module since I wanted their advice on something (my diss is interdisciplinary-ish). She was like “ask your unit coordinator”...like you are the expert on this topic, why can’t you just talk about something very general? I am sorry but I assumed academics would be thrilled to talk about their research areas. It’s so unfair (when is anything ever truly fair anyway lol) because most of my friends are getting A LOT more support. Their supervisors are sending them reading lists and mine is telling me it shouldn't relate to any of my other topics because it’s “not fair to other students who are doing all research from scratch”....like other students are getting a lot more support, I can assure you. Anyway, I am going to try my best to work on something sensible. Even now, I am feeling kind of done with it and want to go home. Anyway, I need to be sensible about this and not take it personally, it’s just an essay at the end of the day and just needs to be done well. As long as I am doing the work and putting in decent hours, I will be happy if I get a 2.i this year. Okay, rant over.

• Sad
    Reactions: ayiiii05

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    The night out in London was eventful to say the least. Me and my friend came back to [removed] on the same day though (like 5am in the morning). I came home, tried to get to the library, stayed there for like half an hour. Left. Bought myself some rocky road. Had that with red bush tea. Watched a movie and fell asleep. Overloaded on sleep right now. Have a muay thai session booked with a friend for later so looking forward to it. In the library now though because I asked to see my personal tutor on the 14th and I am hoping my first draft of the dissertation is done by then. I don't know how realistic that is but we will find out, I guess. I woke up this morning feeling bad for essentially doing VERY little work for the past two days but I guess maybe it was a good idea to get a break. Oh well.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: AlexJ

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    I know I shouldn't complain but some recruiters really don't respect your time? Like imagine calling me out of nowhere without scheduling it first and now that I reached out to schedule (I could have been in a lecture lol), leaving me waiting here. I have a supervisor meeting after this too and don't even have a room booked so I am stressed out about being kicked out of this lecture room. In the library right now so had to look for a quiet spot. Ugh. Also I am sick so overstimulated to the max right now.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.