From Campus to Cubicle: Miss Piggy's Journey 🐽

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
So I have already shared this elsewhere on the platform, but basically I am having to re-record one of my interviews (technical issues). Trying not to panic since the questions will be reset and I have no clue what they will ask me since the 2 questions I got last time were standard law type questions. Anyway, one of my friends encouraged me to stop worrying and think of it as extra practice. I will try.

Also, I have only made it past the application form for Bristows and CRS so far (Mishcon hasn't said anything) so I am worried and feel the need to make more applications. My friend said I should spend the time preparing extremely well for the interviews instead and I guess she's right. I need to stop anticipating failure all the time. Like it's good to have back-ups, but I have my dissertation to work on and prepare for three interviews next week. I really shouldn't make a rushed application right now even if the deadline for NRF is tomorrow. The final interview with PwC is important as well so I am going to do thorough research and hope it all works out. It's so annoying feeling like you have to make your move ASAP or you will be waiting a whole year just to start with these big firms. I guess I just need to take it one step at a time?

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    So I have already shared this elsewhere on the platform, but basically I am having to re-record one of my interviews (technical issues). Trying not to panic since the questions will be reset and I have no clue what they will ask me since the 2 questions I got last time were standard law type questions. Anyway, one of my friends encouraged me to stop worrying and think of it as extra practice. I will try.

Also, I have only made it past the application form for Bristows and CRS so far (Mishcon hasn't said anything) so I am worried and feel the need to make more applications. My friend said I should spend the time preparing extremely well for the interviews instead and I guess she's right. I need to stop anticipating failure all the time. Like it's good to have back-ups, but I have my dissertation to work on and prepare for three interviews next week. I really shouldn't make a rushed application right now even if the deadline for NRF is tomorrow. The final interview with PwC is important as well so I am going to do thorough research and hope it all works out. It's so annoying feeling like you have to make your move ASAP or you will be waiting a whole year just to start with these big firms. I guess I just need to take it one step at a time?
    ngl I completely feel u

I actually got rejected post ac and the feelings of being behind is REAL, again trying to hold out on hope that the law firms that have been radio silent with me give me chance in the next few weeks and actually progress me further but also like u, I have a disso to write so im also trying to keep level headed in this game

YOURE DOING AMAZING SWEETIE

• 🤝
    Reactions: AB and Miss Chocolate

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    ngl I completely feel u

I actually got rejected post ac and the feelings of being behind is REAL, again trying to hold out on hope that the law firms that have been radio silent with me give me chance in the next few weeks and actually progress me further but also like u, I have a disso to write so im also trying to keep level headed in this game

YOURE DOING AMAZING SWEETIE
    It's tough, isn't it. I have also been thinking about how hard it is with regards to having to know exactly what areas interest you and then you don't even know if you will qualify into the right seat for you and there's just so much that is unknown/simply out of your control. I guess I better learn to love the spontanous life because that's exactly how graduate life is going to be. Being a student is such a controlled experience, you become used to it too easily. Maybe I am just not ready to be an adult 😭😭 I will just shut up since I am rambling now.

Thank you love <23 you are doing incredible too and I KNOW things will work out for you. You have so much to offer and soon the right firm is going to snatch you right up

Good luck with diss work also!

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    It's tough, isn't it. I have also been thinking about how hard it is with regards to having to know exactly what areas interest you and then you don't even know if you will qualify into the right seat for you and there's just so much that is unknown/simply out of your control. I guess I better learn to love the spontanous life because that's exactly how graduate life is going to be. Being a student is such a controlled experience, you become used to it too easily. Maybe I am just not ready to be an adult 😭😭 I will just shut up since I am rambling now.

Thank you love <23 you are doing incredible too and I KNOW things will work out for you. You have so much to offer and soon the right firm is going to snatch you right up

Good luck with diss work also!
    post ac rejection was even worse because I realised like you, this is my last chance at being a student and im not a second year anymore to brush it off so I completely get you honestly!! youre not rambling, this feeling's not talked about enough, we see so many people on LinkedIn announcing their success but no-one talks about those who still want to figure stuff out but will jus be pushed into graduate life v overtly with no clue what to do </3 its a v disorientating feeling to have but I KNOW, we'll work this out honestly!! GOOD LUCK W URS TOO im rooting for u and ill be here if u need to rant <333

• Love
    Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    post ac rejection was even worse because I realised like you, this is my last chance at being a student and im not a second year anymore to brush it off so I completely get you honestly!! youre not rambling, this feeling's not talked about enough, we see so many people on LinkedIn announcing their success but no-one talks about those who still want to figure stuff out but will jus be pushed into graduate life v overtly with no clue what to do </3 its a v disorientating feeling to have but I KNOW, we'll work this out honestly!! GOOD LUCK W URS TOO im rooting for u and ill be here if u need to rant <333
    Thank you so much!! It's honestly so nice knowing I am not alone in feeling this way. Getting to AC stage is also a lotttt of time invested so I completely get why it was worse for you. their loss honestly. and likewise, here if you ever want to rant about anything

AlegalA

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 4, 2023
    Hellooo! Just found this chat randomly and I LOVE IT. Just read through everything and that's made me feel a lot better- deffo agree that feeling lost and not having a set a plan is SO scary and stressful. I'm during the PGDL currently and legit have no idea what I'm doing if I don't get a TC. I applied last year to loads of firms and got mostly rejections at the written stage (completely my fault I had no idea what I was doing), so thought I would really focus my efforts on a couple firms this year. I have heard NOTHING. like not a peep, and it's so stressful seeing people get VIs on the main group chat cause of course I'm so so happy for them but I genuinely don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've got relatively decent work experience and get all my apps reviewed by the careers team at my university so I just don't get what I could change. I feel like the firms have just lost my applications or my emails 😂 cause it's been radio silence for like two months.

Either way everything happens for a reason. Maybe not getting a TC this year means the year we become a NQ there will be a special opening for our fave seat that wouldn't exist if we joined at a specific firm now. I know we'll all be okay in the end and get exactly where we want to be.

Also good luck for your diss!!! I'm sure it'll go amazing

• 🤝
    Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Guys, I don't know if I am making this sht up, but I have been applying for non-law jobs to fill up the gap year, right, and I have realised that we are kind of spoiled with how structured our (legal industry) recruiting is! Most non-law recruiters never get back and it's so hard to get their contact details. It's actually embarrassing how poorly organised these big companies are.

Reactions: AB

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Hellooo! Just found this chat randomly and I LOVE IT. Just read through everything and that's made me feel a lot better- deffo agree that feeling lost and not having a set a plan is SO scary and stressful. I'm during the PGDL currently and legit have no idea what I'm doing if I don't get a TC. I applied last year to loads of firms and got mostly rejections at the written stage (completely my fault I had no idea what I was doing), so thought I would really focus my efforts on a couple firms this year. I have heard NOTHING. like not a peep, and it's so stressful seeing people get VIs on the main group chat cause of course I'm so so happy for them but I genuinely don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've got relatively decent work experience and get all my apps reviewed by the careers team at my university so I just don't get what I could change. I feel like the firms have just lost my applications or my emails 😂 cause it's been radio silence for like two months.

Either way everything happens for a reason. Maybe not getting a TC this year means the year we become a NQ there will be a special opening for our fave seat that wouldn't exist if we joined at a specific firm now. I know we'll all be okay in the end and get exactly where we want to be.

Also good luck for your diss!!! I'm sure it'll go amazing
    I am really glad that you feel a lot better! How many firms have you applied to? Do you have friends who are future trainees/with offers who could have a look at your application? Don't worry about not hearing back. I have seen it said over and over on here that all it takes is one application. Rejections are brutal and it's insanely competitive getting a TC, so it doesn't mean you aren't capable or won't get an offer. You have got this!! stay strong <3

That's so true and I hadn't thought of it like that, you know. Thank you for sharing that, makes me feel a lot better.

thank you 🥹

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Literally didn't even go to gym in morning because I knew I was tutoring today and now the student isn't in even attending the session. Nice 😂 At least I still get paid to sit here and wait for them.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    First question I felt good about. Second, I rushed because I ran out of time. Woops. Ugh. Er. OOP-

Also, people on here are so kind I am actually speechless?? If law doesn't work out, I will go commit petty crimes just so you all have jobs and endless cash rolling in working on cases. Love this community.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    This till cashier at my university's library cafe was so rude omg. the most passive aggressive interaction I have had this year! I am tempted to complain and leave a negative review. I am sorry, but the audacity of some people?? So rude for no reason.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Whilst I was interviewing for PwC, the lights in the room turned off 😭😭 they were sensory lights or had a timer I believe which is so frustrating. It was the only uni room that was free that I booked. Oh well. It didn't look TOO dark in the room so I am not going to stress myself out over something I couldn't control. They gradually dimmed and then just 💀 just too funny

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.