From Campus to Cubicle: Miss Piggy's Journey 🐽

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Whilst I was interviewing for PwC, the lights in the room turned off 😭😭 they were sensory lights or had a timer I believe which is so frustrating. It was the only uni room that was free that I booked. Oh well. It didn't look TOO dark in the room so I am not going to stress myself out over something I couldn't control. They gradually dimmed and then just 💀 just too funny
    😭 u're ominously foreshadowing to grad rec what their conclusion will be if they dont offer u that scheme

• Haha
    Reactions: Miss Chocolate

legalgrinch

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 30, 2023
    Omg so apparently now a partner is going to review my application form and VI before I get a PFO or invited to an interview. I am kind of expecting bad news because I have noticed a few typos in my application form 💀 yikes
    Wow! I’ve never heard a partner reviewing a VI before.. strange! Regardless, you’ve got this!!!! 🤞✨✨✨✨

• 🤝

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Just finished Mishcon VI It was honestly really easy but the timer threw me off for first question and I could feel myself getting nervous. It just rattled me a little lol Oh well! There's always reasons and excuses, but what's done is done. I am feeling quite overwhelmed this week though because I have a dissertation deadline I won't be able to make (it's not compulsory, just initial feedback), three seminars and I was an idiot and decided it would be a good idea to have friends over for a few days this week. I planned it ages ago so not something I can cancel lol Just wasn't in the headspace for an interview this morning, but I think my answers were reasonably okay. Ah well.

Last edited:
    Reactions: legalgrinch

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    I am super stressed. Like stressed enough that overthinking and anxiety-induced physical symptoms are sucking the energy out of my system. Thing is, I know dissertation isn't suuuuuper hard and you just need discipline and time, but knowing I am not where I should be right now is kind of making me panic. One of my friends has 6k words written and I haven't even started writing. My previous supervisor said my ideas/plan/research was solid but I do worry he was overly generous. Anyway, I am going to start using this blog to also track my diss progress. I have two courseworks in March so I need to have my dissertation written (first draft) by the end of this month. Is that overly ambitious? I don't know. By the 20th, I need to have at least the first 5k words down.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Also, I really need to let go of this perfectionist need to write something that will gain a high mark. One of the most useful conversations I have had with an academic during my time at university is a professor simplifying the research process. He advised me to not get too distracted by mark schemes and what I think the markers want to see, instead he encouraged me to find what's truly interesting and present that in a persuasive manner. To be bold and just tell the reader why you think what you have to say is worthwhile or interesting. I am going to keep his words in mind as I begin the writing process.

• 🏆
    Reactions: legalgrinch

ADKM

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2022
    That’s great advice on how to write a dissertation. In my experience of having written one, it really helps if ur critical in ur analysis. Ultimately, that’s what a dissertation evaluates. Do u have the capability to come up with logical arguments without diluting the original theme. Tricky but definitely possible with proper guidance. Btw, what topics r u thinking about? Would be interesting to know and good luck with the dissertation

• 🤝

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    That’s great advice on how to write a dissertation. In my experience of having written one, it really helps if ur critical in ur analysis. Ultimately, that’s what a dissertation evaluates. Do u have the capability to come up with logical arguments without diluting the original theme. Tricky but definitely possible with proper guidance. Btw, what topics r u thinking about? Would be interesting to know and good luck with the dissertation
    OOoooh would love to discuss the topic. I will message you in a bit! What was yours on?

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Fighting the urge to overshare on here. Probably best to keep some things off the blog. Anyway, re applications, I am just going to send off the SH application even though the recruiter didn't confirm my eligibility. The deadline is tonight and it's not like they are going to get back to me. I am going to a rave in London on 1st of March so I am going to try and be in the library and get most of my diss work done. Current target is at least 8 hours on diss a day.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    🥹Fighting the urge to overshare on here. Probably best to keep some things off the blog. Anyway, re applications, I am just going to send off the SH application even though the recruiter didn't confirm my eligibility. The deadline is tonight and it's not like they are going to get back to me. I am going to a rave in London on 1st of March so I am going to try and be in the library and get most of my diss work done. Current target is at least 8 hours on diss a day.
    writing a disso is so hard honestly I can barely dedicate 8 hours a day to it, I literally started planning my first chapter today and its bene 90 mins and I wanna cry

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    writing a disso is so hard honestly I can barely dedicate 8 hours a day to it, I literally started planning my first chapter today and its bene 90 mins and I wanna cry
    When is yours due? I am literally planning on dedicating 8 hours to it daily because I left it too last minute. I don't even know where all the time in the year went 😭😭 like I don't even know at this point, I swear.

Also, makes me feel less alone knowing I am not the only one working on my first chapter <3 Drop me a message if you want to talk about anything diss related, it would be good to share our research strategies and just generally vent lol

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Also, two other coursework questions (3000 words each) get released early next month so trying to get at least half of my diss written by the end of this month (but the research backbone draft done for the whole diss), which is perhaps not the most realistic, but I think I will get it done. Since it's just the first draft anyway. When I was researching for a previous essay, I remember I had to force myself to stop researching and start writing because you really could just research forever. I will do the same with the diss. Think I will give myself at least 2 days of more reading/research and then it's writing time. I will research the rest as I go along. Need to get the backbone of the essay done before end of month though.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.