From Campus to Cubicle: Miss Piggy's Journey 🐽

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hello 🐽

I am going to use this space to blog my last year at university (third year law student). I am currently...well, yesterday I was feeling pretty down and unmotivated. I don't know why, could be the constant library sessions and general life getting a bit hectic. Also experienced a few health issues and other stuff went a bit horribly wrong. Anyway, I will try to keep this mostly academic but I will be honest I will end up talking about nonsense. 🐽

Firms I am applying to:
  • HSF
  • Bristows
  • Charles Russell Speechlys
  • Macfarlane
  • PwC
  • KPMG

Considering applying to but probably won't:
  • Mishcon de Reya (Availability issue - have something planned for the summer holidays and missed their deadline for spring dates but if nothing works out may reconsider making an application)

Wish me luck,

Piggy 🐽

Last edited:

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I wonder how I can change my username from 'Miss Chocolate' to 'Miss Piggy'.

On a more productive note, just had a zoom call with a trainee and got some tipsssss. I am feeling much more positive about my dissertation now as well and don't feel as lost. Thank the LORD for that. Things today have gone really, really well and I am going to list them down as I do my daily gratitude. 🧘‍♀️

Although I do have to say, some academics can be quite disconcerting? I don't know if that's the right word. I just wanted to speak to them as they teach that area and they were so reluctant simply because they are not my supervisor. Like I just want to pick your brain for a bit? I thought university was supposed to teach us teamwork and encourage scholarly discussions (not that I had much to say). I am sorry but I like picking brains more than I like picking my pimples! Actually, I don't get pimples. Piggies are pimple-free.

Last edited:

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Just completed the KPMG online assessment. Going to type up dissertation meeting notes and then do some research for a meeting tomorrow morning. Also need to try and get most of the first draft of the HSF application written by tonight because I want to edit tomorrow. I know it's so last minute but honestly can't even...whatever at this point.

Reactions: legalgrinch

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
The way my whole body shook when I understood the mathsy questions on the online assessment though! Like I did not think I had it in me to calculate a few percentages. These accountants have nothing on my lawyerly skills and that's on believing in yourself one calculation at a time x

Reactions: flower

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    The way my whole body shook when I understood the mathsy questions on the online assessment though! Like I did not think I had it in me to calculate a few percentages. These accountants have nothing on my lawyerly skills and that's on believing in yourself one calculation at a time x
    oh my god I was literally doing an A&O test (I flopped) but it was the first time I whipped out a calculator in like 3 years 😭 I was so impressed I could calculate basic percentages, like maths?? me???? stoooopppppp it

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    oh my god I was literally doing an A&O test (I flopped) but it was the first time I whipped out a calculator in like 3 years 😭 I was so impressed I could calculate basic percentages, like maths?? me???? stoooopppppp it
    At this point both of us need to teach maths to these mathematicians! I think we are just geniuses tbf also have you heard back from A&O or are you just playing fortune teller like me tonight 😭

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    At this point both of us need to teach maths to these mathematicians! I think we are just geniuses tbf also have you heard back from A&O or are you just playing fortune teller like me tonight 😭
    I got rejected a week later I was devastated but their VI threw me off I didn’t read the FAQ I jus went in blind and got my butt handed to me

but I applied way early in the cycle so have hope <3333

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.