Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Do you think I should reschedule the AC with PwC? I have two days to prepare but I don't know if recruiters may take that into consideration when considering me for the role, as in I was the student who requested to reschedule.
No - I donā€™t think you need to reschedule. A lot of the things you need to do to prepare you have already done through the recruitment process to date and also general experience has developed the skills they are looking for.

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
No - I donā€™t think you need to reschedule. A lot of the things you need to do to prepare you have already done through the recruitment process to date and also general experience has developed the skills they are looking for.
Thank you so much for your help. Am I right in thinking that they are mostly looking for soft skills (teamwork/ communication) rather than hardcore business knowledge? The role I applied for basically deals with technology and reviewing third party software licenses and reading contracts/analysing data. I am going to make sure I can do basics like calculating profits. Other than that, I am a law student with the absolute MINIMUM knowledge about businesses and plan on just relying on common sense. I know like primary school version of business.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Completed the Macfarlanes test now, did some of it last night but I was literally falling asleep so completed the rest this morning (it's not timed). Probably should have done it one sitting but oh well...going to finish the first draft of CRS now. Meant to do it last night but then a friend called and we ended up chatting so I got no work done šŸ¤£ Missing my gym session today but I will go tomorrow morning instead. I think once this CRS application is done, I will feel much calmer too

Last edited:

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
The AC...so I really enjoyed the second half (group discussion). It was just the two of us lmao and the girl and I collaborated really well. I mean I enjoyed the discussion so that's positive for sure. Her line of service was legal and mine something else and we had to analyse the problem from different perspectives so I thought it went well and I learnt a lot. The first half was fine, the interviewer seemed impressed but honestly I rushed all my answers and I solved the problem incorrectly. She was a HR person so as long as no-one who knows about the work looks at the solutions I submitted, I may just be fine. She definitely didn't realise I had made a major mistake and said positive things only. I only realised my fk-up when I was looking at the problem again for second half. If someone from the service checks, I know I am likely not passing the first half. Also, I know points will be deducted because I didn't complete one task (sending an email). I was so busy preparing my powerpoint and making sure that was sent through, I forgot to do the email. Also, it felt VERY rushed and every time she would ask me a question, she would look distracted as if she was looking at something else on her screen and it was just not nice. I think I rushed because of that too. Like it wasn't nice feeling like someone's disinterested in something they have asked you to talk about. But I learnt a lot from this experience too, it's OKAY to take your time to think through questions instead of saying nonsense as soon as they finished asking the question. Need to talk slower. And don't rush into a problem and take your time, look at ALL the information before solving it.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Got invited to Bristows video interview. Reading over my application now and CRINGING because I am seeing quite a few typos. I know giving myself at least a week before re-reading and editing an application helps so much but I never get anything done in advance so there's that. I am super happy to have progressed though because I thought my application (grade/experiences) were the problem after being rejected from HSF. I have also come home for a week but I brought my makeup šŸ˜­šŸ¤£ and nice clothes with me so I can easily do the interview from a well-lit spot in the house. Being home is not easy and I am already getting paranoid about it messing up my interview and not being in the right headspace but you know what, if I could film the PwC interview with all the background noise, I can deffo give this one a good shot too.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Just want to come across to say hi, cos I've also done an app to KPMG, finished my AC with PwC this week and applied to Bristows...! I'm also thinking of qualifying in IP! Perhaps we can chat if you want to know anything :)
Hi!! That's amazing, how did you find the AC? Also, you don't have to give an interview response to this but genuinely curious as to why you are considering qualifying into IP and how you developed this interest. And always up for a chat :) drop me a DM.

Reactions: legalgrinch

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Also, I have done two video interviews before and haven't been awfully nervous ever before so I have no idea why I literally stopped breathing whilst responding to the first question today. The fk. A whole minute?? Bro I don't even hold my breath for that long when I TRY.

• Haha

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Bristows....love me, choose me, PICK ME <3
So since recording the interview from my sister's bedroom, I have realised that her room has the worst WiFi. I don't know if I should reach out to graduate recruitment or just leave it be? I hope my microphone was working. The site confirmed it was but my microphone sometimes doesn't work. Ugh. I think I am just so frustrated with all these online interviews and I wish they would just drop them from the recruitment process. I just always stress about having a quiet place without any technical issues (For some reason I can never avoid those lol). Anyway, I need to chill the fk out because I get so anxious before these things I overthink. Oh well. If Bristows reject me after me speaking to a camera for 2 minutes, that's a joke šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Also, I made it through to the final senior interview for PwC (got a call yesterday). Macfarlanes rejected post online assessment. Thinking of sending an application to Hogan Lovells even though I know I am testing my luck with a firm like that. But, like, nothing to lose and all of that? It's hopefully my last application cycle and so no harm in giving it a go.

• Love

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I also sent an application to for an internship with a small art gallery and got invited to the interview. Haven't heard back from a graduate programme (non-law but related) so I think I will also email them to see what's going on with that.

• Love

zdi2024

Jan 7, 2024
Hi!! That's amazing, how did you find the AC? Also, you don't have to give an interview response to this but genuinely curious as to why you are considering qualifying into IP and how you developed this interest. And always up for a chat :) drop me a DM.
Hello! I am also interested in IP law!! I was wondering how was your experience with the Bristows video interview- how many questions did they ask, and how were the questions like? I do not know how to dm here but I'ld love to connect.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
i completed it and lemme just say they need to drop that from recruitment, i did awful šŸ¤£
Let me know when you hear back from them! Well done for getting it done :) and yeah it's literally a minute of just talking as quickly as possible like bro I don't time myself speaking in real life. It's just a weird way to interview candidates imo

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hello! I am also interested in IP law!! I was wondering how was your experience with the Bristows video interview- how many questions did they ask, and how were the questions like? I do not know how to dm here but I'ld love to connect.
Hey, they send a link to practice as well so I recommend making use of that. If I recall correctly, you get 20 seconds to prepare and 60 to record your response. 2 questions. Motivational. They may use different structure/questions for different batches though so just prepare well! :) Good luck <3

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.