Funding for Graduate Conversion Course

samanthatruly

May 2, 2021
Hi, I am new to this platform and the world of Law.

Over the weekend I concluded that I would like to pursue a career in Law to be an advocate for the poor and marginalized , preferable Human Rights, Family & Private Law with the goal of being a Judge someday.

I have a Bsc in Psychology and a Msc in OcPsych and understand that I will need to do a conversion course GDL, LLM Intensive or MA then the BPC/ BPTC and pupillage .

I have narrowed my school options to ULAW or SouthBank.

My dilemma is that I do not have the financial means to fund the course. Can someone please advise.

Additionally I want to do a LLM in International Human Rights.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I am new to this platform and the world of Law.

Over the weekend I concluded that I would like to pursue a career in Law to be an advocate for the poor and marginalized , preferable Human Rights, Family & Private Law with the goal of being a Judge someday.

I have a Bsc in Psychology and a Msc in OcPsych and understand that I will need to do a conversion course GDL, LLM Intensive or MA then the BPC/ BPTC and pupillage .

I have narrowed my school options to ULAW or SouthBank.

My dilemma is that I do not have the financial means to fund the course. Can someone please advise.

Additionally I want to do a LLM in International Human Rights.
Can I double check? You want to be a barrister rather than a lawyer?

Funding will be exceptionally difficult given the area of law you want to go into. There isn’t a huge amount of money in these areas and so sponsorship of such courses is significant lower than commercial law.

I would look into scholarships with the providers and also other scholarships with chambers who may work in this area. Outside of that, it will generally be a case of funding yourself unfortunately. You can apply for a postgraduate loan but I am assuming you may have already used this for your master course.

Reactions: Alice G

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.