GDL Schedule

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Hello,

Has anyone done their GDL (full-time) at ULaw Moorgate and could potentially share their schedule with me? I have accepted my offer but they have not communicated anything with me yet and I am trying to figure out my timetable in the coming year.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Sorry to say I’m not entirely certain on U Law! I hope someone is able to help but I imagine the course it quite intense. This being prepared and making revision notes etc throughout the year will be a good strategy and one I am hoping to stick to when I come to study at BPP this year :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: FutureCity

CarinaH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

Has anyone done their GDL (full-time) at ULaw Moorgate and could potentially share their schedule with me? I have accepted my offer but they have not communicated anything with me yet and I am trying to figure out my timetable in the coming year.

Thank you!

Term 1

Ethics & Professional legal practice (pass fail exam around October and 2000 word essay due before Christmas break)
Public Law
EU Law
Criminal Law

exams for those three will be in January

term 2

contract
Tort
Equity & trust
Land law
Research project (3000 words) or law of organisations (2000 words)

All term 2 exams should be in June.

you do legal method, which is part of ethics before your term starts and I’d recommend spending a lot of time on it while you’re not busy yet. It’s the foundation for everything. Plus your ethics mcq test will be on that and you need to pass it.

The good thing about ulaw is that you have exams at the end of each term, which makes studying for the exams so much more manageable. It’s really, really intense and I honestly don’t know how students at BPP sit all their exams at once. (Honestly they have my greatest respect!).

I study part time and just finished year 1 in London, so it’s not quite as intense for me, but if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Term 1

Ethics & Professional legal practice (pass fail exam around October and 2000 word essay due before Christmas break)
Public Law
EU Law
Criminal Law

exams for those three will be in January

term 2

contract
Tort
Equity & trust
Land law
Research project (3000 words) or law of organisations (2000 words)

All term 2 exams should be in June.

you do legal method, which is part of ethics before your term starts and I’d recommend spending a lot of time on it while you’re not busy yet. It’s the foundation for everything. Plus your ethics mcq test will be on that and you need to pass it.

The good thing about ulaw is that you have exams at the end of each term, which makes studying for the exams so much more manageable. It’s really, really intense and I honestly don’t know how students at BPP sit all their exams at once. (Honestly they have my greatest respect!).

I study part time and just finished year 1 in London, so it’s not quite as intense for me, but if you have any questions let me know.

Thank you! This is so helpful!

How does the weekly timetable look like? How often do you have classes?

CarinaH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 16, 2020
@FutureCity Usually you have a lecture and a workshop for each module most weeks. Sometimes you may have a week with only 3 modules, sometimes all four. That’s pretty much it. Lecture and workshop will always be in the same week. So if you have a public law lecture in week 1, your public law workshop will be in that week also. There’s also a ton of additional readings to do, the prep work for the workshops and online non-graded tests and tutorials you need to work through.
In terms of the prep, every class will be between 50-70 pages of readings each week and there’s usually one long question to prep for each workshop, 1 online tutorial to go through and 1-3 additional multiple choice tests you should do online. About 3-4 classes into the term you need to sit a midterm, which is graded, but that grade is only for you and won’t count towards your overall grade.

• ℹ️
Reactions: FutureCity

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
@FutureCity Usually you have a lecture and a workshop for each module most weeks. Sometimes you may have a week with only 3 modules, sometimes all four. That’s pretty much it. Lecture and workshop will always be in the same week. So if you have a public law lecture in week 1, your public law workshop will be in that week also. There’s also a ton of additional readings to do, the prep work for the workshops and online non-graded tests and tutorials you need to work through.
In terms of the prep, every class will be between 50-70 pages of readings each week and there’s usually one long question to prep for each workshop, 1 online tutorial to go through and 1-3 additional multiple choice tests you should do online. About 3-4 classes into the term you need to sit a midterm, which is graded, but that grade is only for you and won’t count towards your overall grade.

Thank you. Super helpful. I wonder how the classes are going to be with the pandemic. They are trying to limit it two days a week I believe.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.