General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
Fair enough, I uploaded my degree certificate as I have graduated. Usually if they wanted a transcript they would have said transcript I would have thought. I guess if you are yet to graduate then uploading your transcript makes sense since you would not have a final degree certificate.

Oh sht :oops: I’ve graduated too. Do you think it’s worth emailing the grad-rec then?

Reactions: OB

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

A&O's FAQ says this" Please be aware that you can only make one application each year to A&O, for either a Training Contract or Vacation Scheme."

Just to confirm , if I applied for a VS , and was rejected(post SJT, pre interview) in Autumm 2019, I would be free to apply for the TC as this is the new academic year technically? For further info, I was a penultimate year student in 2019, and now I am technically a final year student.

Have contacted A&O on LinkedIn regarding this, will let you all know if they reply.

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
haven't heard anything from FF since submitting my WG last Monday. getting a bit nervous bc I'm not very good with WG type tests

I completed the test a little over 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet. I wouldn’t be concerned just yet as they said they’ll get back to everyone in the next month.

Don't worry too much! I'd imagine they are finishing up TC Interviews from their VS before booking new AC's etc. They likely need to see how many spaces they have to recruit etc. For a point of reference, I was advised I'd hear back mid-August from FF.

Reactions: ibs97

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

A&O's FAQ says this" Please be aware that you can only make one application each year to A&O, for either a Training Contract or Vacation Scheme."

Just to confirm , if I applied for a VS , and was rejected(post SJT, pre interview) in Autumm 2019, I would be free to apply for the TC as this is the new academic year technically? For further info, I was a penultimate year student in 2019, and now I am technically a final year student.

Have contacted A&O on LinkedIn regarding this, will let you all know if they reply.

This is a new cycle now. Should be all good to apply!

Reactions: OB, Holly and dosblancos7

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020
Don't worry too much! I'd imagine they are finishing up TC Interviews from their VS before booking new AC's etc. They likely need to see how many spaces they have to recruit etc. For a point of reference, I was advised I'd hear back mid-August from FF.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I won't start panicking unless I haven't heard back by September. Thank you!

D

Deleted member 5185

I hope this will make some of you laugh today, in my desperation to find out whether or not I would be successful in receiving a TC from a particular law firm this year, I bought a £2.50 psychic reading on Etsy to tell me. Needless to say it was wrong !

Still waiting to hear back from White & Case, Travers Smith, Hogan Lovells and BLM if anybody has heard anything yet.

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2020
I hope this will make some of you laugh today, in my desperation to find out whether or not I would be successful in receiving a TC from a particular law firm this year, I bought a £2.50 psychic reading on Etsy to tell me. Needless to say it was wrong !

Still waiting to hear back from White & Case, Travers Smith, Hogan Lovells and BLM if anybody has heard anything yet.
Wishing you the best of luck!!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019

I received this from BLM in June:

"Unfortunately at this stage, due to the current circumstances, all training contract applications and processes are unfortunately being paused. We are hopeful that things will change in the coming months and as they do myself or someone from our wider team will be in touch to update you."

I am being moved from the VS AC to the direct TC AC and asked for confirmation of whether the AC's were going ahead, because they initially told me that the TC AC would be towards the end of July. I don't know whether things have started moving again yet though...

D

Deleted member 5185

I received this from BLM in June:

"Unfortunately at this stage, due to the current circumstances, all training contract applications and processes are unfortunately being paused. We are hopeful that things will change in the coming months and as they do myself or someone from our wider team will be in touch to update you."

I am being moved from the VS AC to the direct TC AC and asked for confirmation of whether the AC's were going ahead, because they initially told me that the TC AC would be towards the end of July. I don't know whether things have started moving again yet though...

Thank you so much :) I think I also received a similar email. I read somewhere that they were making cutbacks to their marketing department last month, hoping that doesn’t affect their trainee intake.

Reactions: Camilla
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.