General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalli

Jan 17, 2020

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Received a VS interview invite from Reed Smith for next week. Because of the added earlier assessment stage, it will just be a 20-minute strengths-based interview. Never done one before, does anyone have any advice, please?

Also, they're different from other firms that I applied to, in that they are more mid-level and not as highly ranked in the areas of law that I'm interested in. My why commercial law is based on my practice area interests and my experiences in them, I'm not sure how to still go down that route if they aren't RS' key practice areas? I applied early in my first cycle when I was still figuring out what I wanted.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    D

Deleted member 5185

Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone on here that has commented or messaged me, this is going to sound very cheesy but all of the support on here really gives me the strength to carry on. I genuinely hope and pray that by the end of this cycle, every single person on this forum has found their success, which is inevitable because of the determination and intellect on this thread.

Also I may not pass the WG, but I did save my app answers in a general template form if anyone is interested in having a look for future reference?

ZH

Esteemed Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Also if anyone wanted to use my application as a template,

Thank you so much Zainab! I am not feeling too hopeful after my last score results but will give it a good go.

You're welcome! I do hope you hear good news. With these tests it takes some practice - they can be quite tricky and at times confusing but I am sure with your drive and commitment you will do well!!

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    In my interview feedback, I was told that I didn't know enough about the firm (totally fair criticism as I felt that's where I had gone wrong), I was wondering how people would go about researching a firm e.g departments and what they do? This was my first application cycle and I'm non-law so my preparation for my applications was based on who had a deadline and not in-depth firm research so I would find any advice useful for the next cycle! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.