I wouldn't email. If they want it, they'll ask you for the evidence at a later date so I wouldn't worry at all![]()
yeah you’re right, thank you
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I wouldn't email. If they want it, they'll ask you for the evidence at a later date so I wouldn't worry at all![]()
Just received a WG invite from Hogan Lovells, definitely unexpected and I can confirm that there were no psychic readings involved this time. Has anyone had experience of a WG before?
Congrats- glad to see this! Hogan Lovells has a WG practise test on their own website(I think it was very short though)- could be useful though!
Just received a WG invite from Hogan Lovells, definitely unexpected and I can confirm that there were no psychic readings involved this time. Has anyone had experience of a WG before?
Hi! CongratulationsI hope it goes well.
This is helpful for practice tests https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/watson-glaser-critical-thinking.htm
I am interestedAlso if anyone wanted to use my application as a template,
Thank you so much Zainab! I am not feeling too hopeful after my last score results but will give it a good go.
Is there a page or forum on TCLA that says when firms open their VS and TC applications? I just don’t know how to keep tabs on all the firms
Also if anyone wanted to use my application as a template,
Thank you so much Zainab! I am not feeling too hopeful after my last score results but will give it a good go.
In my interview feedback, I was told that I didn't know enough about the firm (totally fair criticism as I felt that's where I had gone wrong), I was wondering how people would go about researching a firm e.g departments and what they do? This was my first application cycle and I'm non-law so my preparation for my applications was based on who had a deadline and not in-depth firm research so I would find any advice useful for the next cycle!![]()
Thank you so much for this! I think I was at a loss when it came to researching so this is fantasticHi Melissa
Well done for the experience and giving it your all - regardless of the outcome, this is something to be proud of
I have shared how I prep for interviews on this link https://zaiblogs.wixsite.com/blog/post/how-to-prepare-for-an-interview
There are two templates: one for competency skills and the other for firm research. I think that this can be expanded even further. I think basics are important but then even further than that - the firm's USPs, main areas of practice, recent deals, changes within the firm, growth strategy, global presence, types of clients, retention rates, the firm's business plan for the next 5/10 years - these are just examples of how you get to know the firm further and show your knowledge and understanding of law firms in general. It also shows interest and when you know more you, it allows the information to come more naturally for a comfortable conversation as opposed to worrying about the info you have forgotten (if that makes sense!)
Hi Melissa
Well done for the experience and giving it your all - regardless of the outcome, this is something to be proud of
I have shared how I prep for interviews on this link https://zaiblogs.wixsite.com/blog/post/how-to-prepare-for-an-interview
There are two templates: one for competency skills and the other for firm research. I think that this can be expanded even further. I think basics are important but then even further than that - the firm's USPs, main areas of practice, recent deals, changes within the firm, growth strategy, global presence, types of clients, retention rates, the firm's business plan for the next 5/10 years - these are just examples of how you get to know the firm further and show your knowledge and understanding of law firms in general. It also shows interest and when you know more you, it allows the information to come more naturally for a comfortable conversation as opposed to worrying about the info you have forgotten (if that makes sense!)
Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone on here that has commented or messaged me, this is going to sound very cheesy but all of the support on here really gives me the strength to carry on. I genuinely hope and pray that by the end of this cycle, every single person on this forum has found their success, which is inevitable because of the determination and intellect on this thread.
Also I may not pass the WG, but I did save my app answers in a general template form if anyone is interested in having a look for future reference?
Just got a Stephenson Harwood rejection :'( just a little gutted
On to the next I suppose! No just straight application - only applied last week so was quite a quick turnaround. Have asked for feedback so will see if anything comes back from that!Sorry to hear. What stage was is? Did you get a WG?
In my interview feedback, I was told that I didn't know enough about the firm (totally fair criticism as I felt that's where I had gone wrong), I was wondering how people would go about researching a firm e.g departments and what they do? This was my first application cycle and I'm non-law so my preparation for my applications was based on who had a deadline and not in-depth firm research so I would find any advice useful for the next cycle!![]()