Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Does also go back to the point of how there will be some VI questions you just can't prepare for. It's not about getting it 'right', it's about whether you can come up with a coherent answer in just 20 seconds. That's why one of the best ways to practice is to just give yourself quick fire questions to answer under timed conditions and seeing how well you can articulate your thoughts under the pressure.

gh1999

Dec 10, 2019
    I have a FF AC end of march - completed telephone interview early feb and originally invited to AC on the 10th but by the time I clicked the link they were full for that one. No idea if they've sent out offers/next round interviews though!

they took forever to get back to me after tests to invite to phone interview though if thats helpful!
    If it helps, a few others and I did our final partner interview last week, and should hear back tomorrow or Monday. This is for the London office.

c1070

Esteemed Member
    Mar 4, 2020
    If it helps, a few others and I did our final partner interview last week, and should hear back tomorrow or Monday. This is for the London office.

thanks! ah so annoying - my AC email invite specified the 10th feb, but the only available slot on the portal was march 27th, frustrating as they're rolling so may have filled before I even have my AC! Best of luck with your response though!!

Paige M

Future Trainee
    Feb 13, 2019
    Hi, can anyone who has been on a Jones Day vac scheme shed some light/offer some tips, on the business meeting that takes place during the scheme?

I have no idea what to expect...

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Jan 14, 2020
    Hi, can anyone who has been on a Jones Day vac scheme shed some light/offer some tips, on the business meeting that takes place during the scheme?

I have no idea what to expect...
    Basically you have to prep a business pitch for a potential client you believe JD should take on, and how it would specifically benefit the London office in particular. They will ask you a few questions in regards to your choice, i.e why this client, why would JD be a good fit for the client and vice versa, how would you win the client! things like that. hope it helps.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Shaz and Jaysen

Paige M

Future Trainee
    Feb 13, 2019
    Basically you have to prep a business pitch for a potential client you believe JD should take on, and how it would specifically benefit the London office in particular. They will ask you a few questions in regards to your choice, i.e why this client, why would JD be a good fit for the client and vice versa, how would you win the client! things like that. hope it helps.

Thank you!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Ifmhouse4

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This cycle is so much slower than last...

Think it is a mixture of factors that are causing this - where many of the intakes they are currently recruiting for will be the first SQE intake, Brexit fears of over-recruiting, and now corona virus, it feels very much like 2008-09 all over again....

Andre

Valued Member
    Jan 30, 2020
    Think it is a mixture of factors that are causing this - where many of the intakes they are currently recruiting for will be the first SQE intake, Brexit fears of over-recruiting, and now corona virus, it feels very much like 2008-09 all over again....
    That is completely understandable but the waiting times for some firms are very long. It would be more reasonable to have a policy where applicants can at least be updated by an automated holding email.

Reactions: AY
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.