Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
I was searching the A&O website, and found something interesting.

A few weeks ago, when the TC apps /VS apps opened, re TC's there were only vacancies for 2023 TC's. I remember, because I was shocked that I passed a cycle already! anyways, Today, I checked, and its showing a 2022 TC , with modified deadlines(17 August- 31 August), whereas the TC for 2023 is from 3rd August to December.

1) Is this common? Or since A&O introduced this new vacancy, does that mean they've got more space for TC's left over from their VS than initially? I honestly cannot recall this particular vacancy being there initially, though if I am wrong, please let me know!

2) I know it's competitive, but should I apply for the 2023 TC, rather than the 2022 intake? Am i correct in assuming that because of Covid-19, there are less TC's available as Vacation Schemers are firming firms due to the nature of the market, and hence, the 2023 intake would be fresher, and more strategic to apply for(as I know, from the past cycle, A&O recruit TC's alongside their VS intake!)

:) any guidance would be helpful .

Does anyone know if I'm eligible to applying for this reopening if I already applied for this year's vac scheme?

EMD

Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone! I sent follow up emails to my interviewers after an assessment centre a few weeks ago and they both replied with positive messages - one even complimented me on my presentation. Is this a positive sign that I’ll be offered a TC or just common courtesy? I’m sure you can all relate to how hard it is to be patient waiting for an answer. They said they’d get back to everyone by the end of the month, so it’s getting closer now.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Hi everyone! I sent follow up emails to my interviewers after an assessment centre a few weeks ago and they both replied with positive messages - one even complimented me on my presentation. Is this a positive sign that I’ll be offered a TC or just common courtesy? I’m sure you can all relate to how hard it is to be patient waiting for an answer. They said they’d get back to everyone by the end of the month, so it’s getting closer now.
Was it just an interview or were there other tasks/assessments?

It's definitely not a bad sign but there might be many other factors that will contribute to the decision. Best of luck!! I'm sure they will let you know soon :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

It is just common courtesy to reply back - in many instances people don’t even reply to these emails! It’s no sign of you potentially being offered a TC unfortunately - your presentation sounds like it went well (which is great!) but undoubtedly the firm will have plenty of other things to consider.

Reactions: Adam Gilchrist
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.