General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMD

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Following on from the last thread... so everyone is aware who applied to Ashurst :)

Hey @NMD - how do you know we will hear back middle of next week did you email Ashurst? And best of luck to you too mate! You applied to the direct TC? Yeah?
Ah no applied to VS. Went to an assessment centre and they said across the board they were trying to get out all offers by middle of next week. Don't know if it will differ for direct TCs though! :(

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello all! I have just discovered this site and just wanted to say it's so great to hear everyone sharing stories, made me feel not so alone in this process :)

I did 2 vacation schemes at Womble Bond Dickinson and Mills and Reeve in 2018, and am in full time employment as a paralegal. Is anyone else only applying for direct TCs? I'm finding it increasingly nerve wracking as I haven't heard anything from anyone so far (except some WG invitations). Are all direct applicants in the same boat? (Applied to BCLP, FF, Hogan Lovells, Ashurst, Dentons, Hill Dickinson). Thanks :)

Reactions: m24

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Has anyone else applied to Freshfields? Should I have received an email confirmation? My online account says the application is complete but I haven't had an email through at all (applied about a week ago).

bronson

Distinguished Member
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry for the delayed response! Basically just a couple examples of what type of questions they might ask. I'm guessing they'll have the usual 'why law' and 'why Mayer Brown', but I have absolutely no idea beyond that!

Yeah so its a strengths based interview. Questions like 'how do you stay focused when you are bored' etc. No competency questions. Then towards the end more of a 'why MB?', but don't think they asked me 'why law?'. They also asked some whack question which I cannot remember something to do with balancing emotion. And then in my AC interview as well they threw me multiple curveballs. So just be prepared for some odd ones. Other than that just be friendly - the grad rec team there are a real nice bunch.

R Cross

Dec 19, 2019
Yeah so its a strengths based interview. Questions like 'how do you stay focused when you are bored' etc. No competency questions. Then towards the end more of a 'why MB?', but don't think they asked me 'why law?'. They also asked some whack question which I cannot remember something to do with balancing emotion. And then in my AC interview as well they threw me multiple curveballs. So just be prepared for some odd ones. Other than that just be friendly - the grad rec team there are a real nice bunch.
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Has anyone done the Mishcon de Reya VI recently? Just interested to know the average turnaround time for them getting back to you afterwards...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.