Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
A&O has also asked partners to inject more capital!

this can happen outside of recession/impending recession. Undoubtedly it will be to steady the ship this time around, but cash injections from partners can happen for a multitude of reasons, particularly if they have to invest in something big like a new office building/lease, new technology (which may also be the case for some firms - having to buy 100s or 1000s more remote working devices won’t be cheap).

Charles

Distinguished Member
Sep 25, 2019
Today is a very special day because it is @Jessica Booker's birthday!! I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday and to say thank you for all of the help and advice you give to us all - you are an incredible support to so many of us. I know this isn't the birthday you probably had planned but I really hope you have a lovely day :)

I second this. Happy birthday Jessica, I appreciate the resources you dedicate to helping us. Great tidings to you. Hope you have fun

• 🤝
Reactions: Jessica Booker

Charles

Distinguished Member
Sep 25, 2019
Now now no need to be mean, people are anxious it is understandable. The reason I liked this forum was I believed it was a encouraging and supported others not giggled at their anxieties which im sure we all have.

What are you on about? There's no meaness in that post. Sometimes when there are anxieties/problems you use humour to deal with them and it's okay. Better still if u disagree with something I wrote you can kindly ask rather than jump to conclusion. Thanks u

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
What are you on about? There's no meaness in that post. Sometimes when there are anxieties/problems you use humour to deal with them and it's okay. Better still if u disagree with something I wrote you can kindly ask rather than jump to conclusion. Thanks u

Now now no need to be mean, people are anxious it is understandable. The reason I liked this forum was I believed it was a encouraging and supported others not giggled at their anxieties which im sure we all have.

Hi guys,

Just thought I ought to drop in on this and say that I don't believe any posts were made with malicious intent but I also appreciate how things can be read and interpreted within our threads and think it is something we all ought to be mindful of. Sadly, as is the case with online platforms, we do not have the benefit of hearing someone's tone of voice or seeing their body language/facial expressions when it comes to posts - literally just the words on the page.

I too love the camaraderie and supportiveness in the platform, it is the main reason why I became involved in the first place and why I still work in the capacity that I do. Let's all try and make a concerted effort to read our posts more carefully to consider how they may come across and I personally love an emoji to help me out with this too! :)

epwz98

Oct 31, 2019
Hi there,

Has anyone done an online assessment centre? I have one coming up, and from the e-mail nothing seems to have changed, but I'm wondering if its going to be any different in practice? IMO it seems like it could be quite tiring, especially since I'll essentially be in front of a camera for 4 hours straight!

Charles

Distinguished Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi there,

Has anyone done an online assessment centre? I have one coming up, and from the e-mail nothing seems to have changed, but I'm wondering if its going to be any different in practice? IMO it seems like it could be quite tiring, especially since I'll essentially be in front of a camera for 4 hours straight!

Hey you have to be the first that I am hearing that is going to do an online assessment centre [please let us know how you get on with it]. I would like to think that it would be like the normal assessment centre just with the difference of it being virtual. Goodluck

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi there,

I suspect there will be pauses between exercises, where you will be able to take breaks like you would do in a normal AC... and that you can turn your microphone and camera off during those times

Reactions: epwz98

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hey for those who applied for the Baker McKenzie TC; goodnews, I just received a Watson Glaser test invite - hurray!

Please also guys any ideas/tips/help on tackling the Watson Glaser Test and a Baker Mckenzie Video interview would really be helpful.
Hey can I ask you when did you apply?

Charles

Distinguished Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys,

Just thought I ought to drop in on this and say that I don't believe any posts were made with malicious intent but I also appreciate how things can be read and interpreted within our threads and think it is something we all ought to be mindful of. Sadly, as is the case with online platforms, we do not have the benefit of hearing someone's tone of voice or seeing their body language/facial expressions when it comes to posts - literally just the words on the page.

I too love the camaraderie and supportiveness in the platform, it is the main reason why I became involved in the first place and why I still work in the capacity that I do. Let's all try and make a concerted effort to read our posts more carefully to consider how they may come across and I personally love an emoji to help me out with this too! :)

Ahh where's the emoji when you need it:). Well what you say does make sense (that's why I give the benefit of doubt whenever I read people's stuff - I simply cannot input a tone into what you write). However, to any/all that may have been offended I apologise (I meant no ill will). Life moves on:)

Reactions: Alice G and Helena

Law123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey guys, I have an AC with Trowers coming up next week, does anyone know what to expect? I cant even find if they use strengths/competency based Q's. There's a written exercise, group task and short interview.
Any help would be much welcomed :)
Hi,

I hope your AC went well. I was wondering whether you could share your experience of the day as well as the interview and what kind of questions were asked in the interview. I've also PM'd you if it's better for you to reply on there.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.