General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
When did you both apply? I have a place on the CMS Academy (London) this summer and completed an AC at CMS in mid-Jan. I applied in late November and received my WG test invite the next day. I think they are running AC's through till early-mid March though so I wouldn't give up hope yet!
I applied a few days before the deadline but waiting to receive a PFO

Beth_

Standard Member
Jan 28, 2019
If the deadline for a video interview is 6 March 2020(GMT+00:00), does that mean midnight on Thursday 5th or on Friday 6th? Sorry if this is a silly question!

WMA

Feb 17, 2020
Hey guys, I have an AC with Trowers coming up next week, does anyone know what to expect? I cant even find if they use strengths/competency based Q's. There's a written exercise, group task and short interview.
Any help would be much welcomed :)

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2020
Hey guys, I have an AC with Trowers coming up next week, does anyone know what to expect? I cant even find if they use strengths/competency based Q's. There's a written exercise, group task and short interview.
Any help would be much welcomed :)
Hi there! do you mind me asking when you heard back? Thanks!

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
Did the VI for Lewis Silkin earlier. One piece of advice, don’t waste time prepping...just dive straight in. Not the sort of questions you can realistically prep for. I spent the day preparing competency examples but they were useless. At least they’ll be useful for others.

They did say in the email that no prep was needed in fairness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.