General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon0408

Future Trainee
Feb 22, 2020
Has anyone heard back from Travers Smith for VS since they sent that update email about high volumes 3 weeks ago? Also, is anyone else still waiting post-app for Macfarlanes Spring VS??

I_S

Nov 5, 2019
Hey has anyone heard back from Ashurst for the direct TC application? I got an email last week saying they were still processing my application, which i thought was weird considering the fact Ashurst is rolling, and it's been close to 2 months since the deadline.

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hey has anyone heard back from Ashurst for the direct TC application? I got an email last week saying they were still processing my application, which i thought was weird considering the fact Ashurst is rolling, and it's been close to 2 months since the deadline.
I haven't yet either, and received the same email too o_O

kg

Standard Member
Feb 3, 2020
Has anyone experienced the HR interview at Stephenson Harwood? What questions should I expect to be asked?

More generally, how long should I spend answering questions such as "why law" "why this firm?" 2mins, 5mins?

It's my first time interviewing face to face and i'm unsure of how these interviews are structured. Any help would be massively appreciated! Thanks.

PM me

BGBlaw

Standard Member
Feb 6, 2020
Has anyone heard back from Boodle Hatfield, Forsters, Fladgate or BDB Pitmans? Also, what are people's opinion on when it's okay to email the law firm to ask about when we'll hear back? Deadlines were now over a month ago o_O

NMD

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Has anyone heard back from Boodle Hatfield, Forsters, Fladgate or BDB Pitmans? Also, what are people's opinion on when it's okay to email the law firm to ask about when we'll hear back? Deadlines were now over a month ago o_O
I had an interview with Boodle should be hearing back sometime this week. Hope that helps!

Reactions: BGBlaw

Zoo

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Apr 21, 2019
Hey NicN , how long did it take for you to hear back after your AC? Amazingly well done btw :) !!!
Hi Fez, thank you!! I did the AC on Friday and heard back on Monday afternoon so it was a very quick turn around for me! I think they usually take a bit longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.