General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMA

Feb 17, 2020
I've also got an interview and would be really grateful for any advice on what to brush up on!
Hey Guys,
I had my HD skype interview and was successful. They asked 3 Q's, one about commercial awareness, one about HD and what makes them different and one about your skills. They dont ask follow up questions so deffo use up all the allocated time as I finished my interview early as I thought they'd ask follow ups but they didn't. Hope this helps :)

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
This is probs a silly question but does anyone know if you can still apply for a direct TC in 2nd year and without having done a VS? Is this more for people with experience and later on? I’ve only done VS applications and am starting to think whether I should consider applying for TCs?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
This is probs a silly question but does anyone know if you can still apply for a direct TC in 2nd year and without having done a VS? Is this more for people with experience and later on? I’ve only done VS applications and am starting to think whether I should consider applying for TCs?

yes, thousands of people do it each year.

you’ve got to ask yourself whether you think your application as a whole is ready. Not an issue if you do want to wait before applying

Reactions: futuretraineecity

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 37
Mar 4, 2020
Yes just did it: (20 Seconds thinking time, 60 seconds to answer)
Q1, Tell me about yourself?
Q2, Why law and why PH?
Q3, What superpower would you like to have, being invisible or being able to fly, give your reasons?

Genuinely, what could you say for being invisible?? Flying has obvious benefits of avoiding traffic congestion, commuting, etc, but the only things you could realistically do while invisible probably aren't appropriate to mention for an interview setting. It would all come down to some form of spying / trickery, maybe even obtaining govt / company secrets etc, which again doesn't paint you in the best of lights in terms of honesty / integrity. Can anybody think of any reason to say invisibility over flying? Or any reason for flying other than avoiding traffic jams / general transportation issues?

• Dislike
Reactions: Honest99

MVE49

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Genuinely, what could you say for being invisible?? Flying has obvious benefits of avoiding traffic congestion, commuting, etc, but the only things you could realistically do while invisible probably aren't appropriate to mention for an interview setting. It would all come down to some form of spying / trickery, maybe even obtaining govt / company secrets etc, which again doesn't paint you in the best of lights in terms of honesty / integrity. Can anybody think of any reason to say invisibility over flying? Or any reason for flying other than avoiding traffic jams / general transportation issues?
I think it’s more about personality than work-specific benefits

Honest99

Mar 4, 2020

This is the type of answer you should avoid giving. They are trying to find out about your personality, you don't have to give a crazy answer about spying on governments nor a boring one about commuting and getting out of traffic congestion...

Frank

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2018
I agree and this is why people mess up these questions: they overthink their answers to impress or to avoid looking stupid, but by default the questions are set to make you feel uncomfortable and see how you react under pressure. Just be relaxed and see the trees behind the fence, no one expects you to come up with a scenario like in comic books

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    For people that have completed the WBD test: did you receive a confirmation email? I have completed mine but not actually sure it’s sent

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.