Guys, i have a question.
I am currently applying to Bakers and I am not understanding why the website states that I wrote 251 words whereas MS Office shows only 250 words?
I am freaking out!!
This is usually down to a recruiter's website counting words in a different way to MS Office. On a website this can also be down to things such as the website counting formatting as words. It varies from website to website.
Try copy-pasting your text into Notepad as this strips out any formatting carried over from Word. Then transfer it to the website. If you are still a word or two over the maximum then try 1) adjusting your paragraph spacing and see if that helps or 2) re-draft a sentence to get you under the word count.
You are only one word over so no need to panic.
You can also usually see a preview of your whole application on the last page before you submit. You can look at this at any time and this is a good tool to help you edit these longer questions or spot where things haven't copied over correctly.