Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Sorry to hear thatbut don't give up hope- it only takes one!
Just wondering, where did you see the feedback as I can't see mine in my email
Thank you so much ! It should have been listed in bullet points on the email, I am sure I read somewhere that BCLP are one of the few firms to offer feedback post application. It’s worth giving them an email to see![]()
I received my BCLP rejection and didn't see any feedback on it either![]()
For the Macfarlanes application, one of the questions is positions of responsibility/achievements/particular exam marks/position in your cohort.
Do you just focus on academics here? And for ‘position in your cohort’- I’m a bit confused what you’re meant to put for this, unless you won an award for the best dissertation in you cohort or something. Any help would be appreciated!
For the Macfarlanes application, one of the questions is positions of responsibility/achievements/particular exam marks/position in your cohort.
Do you just focus on academics here? And for ‘position in your cohort’- I’m a bit confused what you’re meant to put for this, unless you won an award for the best dissertation in you cohort or something. Any help would be appreciated!
It’s a bit of a tricky one. I have spoke to a few university who have confirmed that I can. It would be odd but what it kinda does is remove the stigma of not having good grades throughout. I am already doing an LLM at durham and have basically averaged 69.1.. a very good disso first will allow me to graduate with a first. (I also never did A-levels cause I’m international) .. so in theory, what I am trying to do is prove that I am academically capable. If I can get another first on the senior status and a first class LLM, I can’t see how I would not be regarded as academically excellent. Therefore that might make it easier for firms to consider my application.
Rejection from BCLP. Opening the email wasn’t a nice feeling, but I thought it was really useful feedback regardless.
Thanks manI know this is an older post, but I wanted to share my thoughts.
I just want to say doing a second LLB (senior status) will add nothing to your profile, in my opinion, if you have already done an LLB (and an LLM on top of that!).
There are far better ways to spend two years of your time both for your personal growth and to make yourself a more desirable candidate for a training position with a reputable law firm. Just my two cents.
For the Macfarlanes application, one of the questions is positions of responsibility/achievements/particular exam marks/position in your cohort.
Do you just focus on academics here? And for ‘position in your cohort’- I’m a bit confused what you’re meant to put for this, unless you won an award for the best dissertation in you cohort or something. Any help would be appreciated!
It’s okay and thank you! I’m going to admit that I did cry a little bit (just because it was my 6th job rejection today) but the silver lining is that my eyes feel a lot clearer! Lol
I applied in February![]()
man i know that feeling all to well.. I literally, cried on the train on the way to a BCLP networking event because I got a jones day interview rejection that day. Honestly it all feels hopeless at times. Especially for me cause I feel like the thing holding me back i cannot change. All I can say is stay strong my friend. We do not have a choice but to keep going. Its okay to cry but dont give up my friend. You can get it. You will get it. Does not matter how uncertain it is or how it looks.. you will get it. Just keep going, find a way to learn from your experiences.. and something will have to give. If you ever need to talk I got you. I had a rejection day too yesterday with rejections from smaller regional firms I was hoping would be nicer. But we gotta keep going! I believe in you!
thank you so much i appreciate that!This is really tough - I just want to give a quick shoutout to both of you for being so open about your experiences.
Right now, I think social media can really distort the training contract journey. Because people generally only post their successes, it can give the impression that everyone else easily secures offers, which is then incredibly disheartening to the candidates who don't receive offers. Your honestly here is invaluable and refreshing because you're showing to so many people reading this that they're not alone in the rejections they do face.
Am really rooting for both of you guys. You both come across as incredibly authentic and genuine people, and whatever happens, you should be proud of yourselves for that.
Just got an email from Linklaters that my application is currently under review. Sent off the app 3/4 days before the deadline.
Does anyone know who the Farrers cover letter should be addressed to? Thanks!
Would anyone be able to link me the thread where people were discussing how they were preparing for their upcoming schemes? I have been searching to no avail.