So, it looks like I might really start saving for the SQE.
This week I received two rejections following final interviews. "You are an excellent candidate... You performed very well in interviews and tasks... Your performance in exercise X was outstanding... We really enjoyed talking to you... You have an impressive record... You would fit very well in our firm... You are going to make an excellent solicitor... but, we are sorry to inform you that after long consideration, we made offers to other candidates."
Any feedback, any areas of improvement? Not really, "you are an excellent candidate".
It's "only" my second cycle, but I am two years out of uni and I feel that today I have reached my all time low point. I am so fed up with this entire process that I have actually started questioning whether a career in law is for me and that maybe I should just move to Scotland and work on some sheep farm (I like sheep and at least there is very little chance that they would bleat at me: "You are an excellent candidate, but I don't think you are worthy of trimming my fur").
Just as I actually managed to build my confidence up during this cycle following a painful rejection last year (which, however, came with a very valuable feedback), I can see it shattering into million pieces in front of my eyes. Again.
I am genuinely happy for everyone who has heard good news recently and I am rooting for everyone who is going through the ACs / interviews right now - sorry for creeping in with such a depressing post but while I still can't break the glass ceiling, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and I know that many of you will finish this cycle with TC offers