General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5185

Don't be disheartened by this. I did a first-year scheme with them last year and had to sit the WG in person again at their office. They told us the pass mark was 90%, so they I would assume that they place quite a bit of significance on the WG! Most firms are not this strict.

Thank you so much for this!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Don't be disheartened by this. I did a first-year scheme with them last year and had to sit the WG in person again at their office. They told us the pass mark was 90%, so they I would assume that they place quite a bit of significance on the WG! Most firms are not this strict.

That is strange. My candidate percentile for Hogan Lovells was 88, but they told me I was unsuccessful based on my application rather than the WG test when I pressed them...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    That is strange. My candidate percentile for Hogan Lovells was 88, but they told me I was unsuccessful based on my application rather than the WG test when I pressed them...

Percentage and Percentile are likely to be different things... they could also choose to change the percentile based on different cycles/vacancies though.

Even 88 percentile is exceptionally high though - I wonder if they have done any diversity analysis on that.... :cool:

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2019
    Rejection from Addleshaw Goddard, with a side of 5 mins of tears and wondering whether I'll ever crack this TC thing :( I had to log into their portal and check the correspondence for an update, as I haven't been getting their emails directly (I know others on here have had the same issue).

So sorry to hear this, may I ask what office this was for?

It's incredibly disheartening to get rejections and we just have to remember not to take it personally, I remember being so angry and upset at myself when I get rejected for a TC this summer after a vac scheme but I had to remind myself that I just wasn't as good as other applicants and there will be loads of opportunities in the future, and the post interview feedback was incredibly helpful in understanding my weaknesses. Applying for TCs are such a draining process but you've gotta stick at it! Good luck with the rest of your applications!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Even if in the email they say they can't give feedback....could we still ask for it?

You can technically ask for it.. they can just still say no...

Although I don't think in this instance it is worth it, technically you could put in a SAR to request the feedback.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.