General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

anulciak7

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Rejection from AG - came through two minutes ago on the portal. Honestly their rejection email feels a bit nastier than others I've received - very much comes across more patronising and "you, personally, are not good enough" than other firms. Onwards and upwards I suppose.

I am so sorry to hear that! Don't give up, are you still waiting for other replies? I've checked my account 2 minutes ago, nothing yet, but I am also awaiting rejection I suppose :(

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
I am so sorry to hear that! Don't give up, are you still waiting for other replies? I've checked my account 2 minutes ago, nothing yet, but I am also awaiting rejection I suppose :(
Still waiting on nine firms so there's still some hope but looking unlikely. Firms often send out waves of rejections so if you haven't been rejected then that sounds like good news! Good luck!

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Rejection from AG - came through two minutes ago on the portal. Honestly their rejection email feels a bit nastier than others I've received - very much comes across more patronising and "you, personally, are not good enough" than other firms. Onwards and upwards I suppose.
Sorry to hear! That's unfortunate - how did they phrase it if you don't mind me asking?

EMD

Aug 13, 2020
Was it just an interview or were there other tasks/assessments?

It's definitely not a bad sign but there might be many other factors that will contribute to the decision. Best of luck!! I'm sure they will let you know soon :)

There was an interview with an associate, a presentation with a legal director, and an in-tray exercise which I completed online. All seemed to go reasonably well but it’s always hard to tell as I know there are so many strong candidates! Thank you, fingers crossed :)

Reactions: tractor12
D

Deleted member 5185

Still waiting on nine firms so there's still some hope but looking unlikely. Firms often send out waves of rejections so if you haven't been rejected then that sounds like good news! Good luck!

You are good enough, and the fact that you are waiting for nine other firms (that’s amazing bc I struggle with the apps) is a testament to that. But yes I completely understand this feeling, it’s a long and arduous process, but we will cross the finish line eventually.

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jul 29, 2019
Waiting on: WFH, Forsters, Faegre, Paul Hastings, Goodwin, AG, TLT, Trowers, Weil, Maples Teesdale

Heard back:
  • Positive: Stephenson Harwood (interview), Sharpe Pritchard (interview), Edwin Coe (interview)
  • Negative: Sullivan & Cromwell (rejection), Dorsey (rejection), Payne Hicks Beach (rejection), K&L Gates (post-test rejection).
Not sure if it's the same for others, but I haven't heard back from most of my applications. It has only been a few weeks since the TC deadline though. If anyone does have any updates though it would be appreciated! :)

Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
Jan 27, 2020
Waiting on: WFH, Forsters, Faegre, Paul Hastings, Goodwin, AG, TLT, Trowers, Weil, Maples Teesdale

Heard back:
  • Positive: Stephenson Harwood (interview), Sharpe Pritchard (interview), Edwin Coe (interview)
  • Negative: Sullivan & Cromwell (rejection), Dorsey (rejection), Payne Hicks Beach (rejection), K&L Gates (post-test rejection).
Not sure if it's the same for others, but I haven't heard back from most of my applications. It has only been a few weeks since the TC deadline though. If anyone does have any updates though it would be appreciated! :)

Best of luck to everyone!
heyya when did u hear back from edwin?

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I was initially on for a vac scheme interview back in March, which got converted to a TC one as the vac scheme was canceled. I had my interview around last week and am waiting to hear if I got to the second round.

Oooh me too! Any idea when you think we will hear back? I get the feeling it will take a while...

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I am honestly not sure - in hindsight, I feel I should have asked during my interview!

If we don't hear back by next week I think it's worth an email.

Hopefully, we both receive good news!

I got the impression that they will be holding the first round interviews for the direct TC applicants and then doing call backs for the VS and the TC streams together, but I didn't ask for an exact timescale.

Yes that would be amazing! Good luck to us both :D I am also waiting for Forsters but I read on TCLA somewhere that they wont be holding interviews until they can do so in person.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.