Not open for further replies.

Cer96

Star Member
Future Trainee
Aug 13, 2020
has anyone heard

I am also waiting

Good luck both!

On a side note, was really struck by how warm and genuinely keen to get the most out of you in an interview the interviewers I had were. I'd seen this sort of thing mentioned before I applied but didn't know if it was just standard marketing comms.

Last edited:

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Had my 2nd round interview from a direct TC app last week, haven't heard anything back since. Think they said likely beginning of September before any decisions are communicated, as they choose their entire trainee cohort at the same time rather than on a rolling basis. Good luck both!

On a side note, was really struck by how warm and genuinely keen to get the most out of you in an interview the interviewers I had were. I'd seen this sort of thing mentioned before I applied but didn't know if it was just standard marketing comms, so I guess regardless of the outcome for me, shoutout to Farrer's for anyone who's thinking of applying there in the future!
Someone on LinkedIn has announced they've received a TC offer from Farrer... So, who knows...

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Had my 2nd round interview from a direct TC app last week, haven't heard anything back since. Think they said likely beginning of September before any decisions are communicated, as they choose their entire trainee cohort at the same time rather than on a rolling basis. Good luck both!

On a side note, was really struck by how warm and genuinely keen to get the most out of you in an interview the interviewers I had were. I'd seen this sort of thing mentioned before I applied but didn't know if it was just standard marketing comms, so I guess regardless of the outcome for me, shoutout to Farrer's for anyone who's thinking of applying there in the future!

Ah amazing! Fingers crossed for a positive outcome from your second round interview! When did you apply out of interest?

They seem like an amazing firm. I have heard of people being rejected and invited to interview so not sure what this means for those who have not heard yet...whatever happens I will apply for a VS in this new cycle :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Cer96

lawgirl101

Standard Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 14, 2019
    For people that applied to Harbottle, did you get a confirmation email from the firm themselves - I only have the CVMail standard confirmation email and am at that stage in the cycle of overthinking everything lol
    I only received an email from the firm themselves to be invited for the interview, not a confirmation email from them though.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: azbwcy

Cer96

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Aug 13, 2020
    Ah amazing! Fingers crossed for a positive outcome from your second round interview! When did you apply out of interest?

They seem like an amazing firm. I have heard of people being rejected and invited to interview so not sure what this means for those who have not heard yet...whatever happens I will apply for a VS in this new cycle :)

Thank you - Submitted my application towards the end of June, so hopefully it's just that they're still working through some of the others. If not, it definitely seems like it'd be a great place to do a VS!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Camilla

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
    Jan 27, 2020

hey congrats on making it to the second round! i was wondering when did you do your first round interview?

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    I'm still waiting too! I'm so confused about the timescale of firms sifting through apps. The Farrer app was really long though so I guess they have a lot to read through!

I don't think there is always a correlation between how long it takes grad rec to sift apps and how long it takes them to get back to us.

If the vac schemers are still waiting to received offers, I expect that they will know how many spaces they have left after that, so we might be held in a pool of applications waiting to be either invited to interview or rejected depending on whether there is space left.

From the general theme of what has been going on this year with firms filling their spaces from VS, I am not feeling overly hopeful but I hope that I will be proven incorrect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.