General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
I contacted Macfarlanes today and they told me we'll hear back by the end of September

If you hear back late it might be that you’re being shortlisted further against other applicants. I was on their vac scheme and there were a group of us that got rejected early on whilst some others from the same scheme still yet to hear back. At least that’s the only explanation we’ve come up with!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What does this mean in terms of GDL?
If they want me to start in 2022, I would have to start the GDL this September but I am not in the position to self-fund my studies and I have not signed up for the course...

Do they do an accelerated LPC? If so, you could do a GDL starting in January and still have enough time before starting. I understand there might also be an accelerated GDL option too (so I have heard anyway).

• ℹ️
Reactions: NadineBusty

Ar2016

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 2, 2019
Hey guys! I am so happy to let everyone on here know that after completing their vacation scheme, I have got a TC offer from Dentons! :):):)

Its so surreal for me given how i thought I had no chance for securing a TC (esp since its my first cycle) once the pandemic began. But thankfully I guess it all worked out and their grad rec is some of the best people I know who have been so communicative and supportive throughout!
But more than that- the support and amount of resources on TCLA have been incredibly valuable and honestly helped me get through some really days where I felt demotivated. So I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone on here who have played a part in indirectly keep me going by sharing their knowledge and experience. Its had a monumental impact on me and helped me get to this point!

Good luck to everyone applying this upcoming cycle-- I am sure the force will be with ALL of you :):):):):)

Andrewp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
Dentons

Oh Sorry Dentons..but people are announcing their TC offer after completing VS at Dentons
Dentons rejection.

Re Goodwin, not sure what the stage is for direct TC applicants but from LinkedIn I have seen that they have offered TCs to those that had a vac scheme with them.

Sorry to hear - when did you receive the rejections and was it for the London office?

Emily77

Aug 25, 2020
Sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone heard positively or negatively from Latham (after the holding email which said we would hear by early September)?

I am assuming they will probably fill all their spaces from VS but, as its my last app in this cycle, I am still holding onto a tiny bit of hope!

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone heard positively or negatively from Latham (after the holding email which said we would hear by early September)?

I am assuming they will probably fill all their spaces from VS but, as its my last app in this cycle, I am still holding onto a tiny bit of hope!

They are still making some decisions on VS candidates having dished out quite a few TC's.

Reactions: Emily77

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    Same question as LegalNim.

I had a first stage interview with Dentons in March and have been told that they cannot give me an outcome at the moment, despite the interview being strong, on two occassions. Heard from them last end of June.

The same happened to me. Also, my friend had a tc with Dentons at one of their smaller offices and they closed the office down completely...could be worse I guess.

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.