General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    It's 24, however, they had already given 13 TC's out prior to our Spring/Summer combined VS. They likely over-offer to account for those who choose to not take the offer, as almost all the candidates had multiple TC offers on the scheme.
    Where were the 13 from? I thought they don't recruit on a rolling basis? Sorry if this seems basic but this information is all new to me.

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    Where were the 13 from? I thought they don't recruit on a rolling basis? Sorry if this seems basic but this information is all new to me.

No, its ok :)

So, they gave 9 to their Winter VS. They also offered 4 TC's to people who were meant to be on the Spring/Summer Scheme without them doing the scheme itself (I wasn't able to get to the bottom of why this happened).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you for your response, Jessica.
    I just want figure out by the annual review that in which area have they made the most profit and by how much percent their investment in technology has increased since the last year.

In most cases you wouldn’t find this out from an annual report. Financials aren't typically broken down into profit by department, and investment in technology wouldn’t be obvious from the reports either.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: nymi

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    No. No response to anything. I've got confirmation that I've applied and Apply4Law clearly shows that I've applied but if people are being invited to the AC then that means they're at Stage 4 of the 5 stage application process and my application is still at Stage 1. If they want me at all then why not invite me for the Watson Glaser? If they don't want me at all then why not reject me like they've rejected loads of other people?
    Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Dentons for their London office, direct to TC at the application stage?
    @Jessica Booker Should I be concerned about this?

Possibly something to be concerned about if most other candidates have heard back one way or another. Can you log into the system and see correspondence and/or your application status?

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Possibly something to be concerned about if most other candidates have heard back one way or another. Can you log into the system and see correspondence and/or your application status?
    Thanks for responding. The system hasn't had any update since I applied. It's confirmed my application, I have the application number and confirmation but nothing has updated since. Nothing in my email, nothing in junk, nothing on the portal system - and no response to my emails either. What would you suggest given that they haven't responded to my emails either?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks for responding. The system hasn't had any update since I applied. It's confirmed my application, I have the application number and confirmation but nothing has updated since. Nothing in my email, nothing in junk, nothing on the portal system - and no response to my emails either. What would you suggest given that they haven't responded to my emails either?

Given where they are in the cycle, I would just expect this to be something to move on from.

You could email again or call, but I doubt much could be done at this late stage if some candidates are at stage 4 of 5 and you still are at 1.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: LegalNim

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Given where they are in the cycle, I would just expect this to be something to move on from.

You could email again or call, but I doubt much could be done at this late stage if some candidates are at stage 4 of 5 and you still are at 1.
    Thanks. It's pretty gutting because I was on a mentoring scheme with the firm and really liked them, I thought my application was very strong and that I knew the firm well. It's just sad that I didn't even get a response at all.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018

I agree with you. It is painful as hell but need to prepare for the next cycle. I sent my application to AG in April and haven't heard back yet while many people have. Onwards and Upwards!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: T.W and LegalNim

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks. It's pretty gutting because I was on a mentoring scheme with the firm and really liked them, I thought my application was very strong and that I knew the firm well. It's just sad that I didn't even get a response at all.

maybe reference the mentoring scheme in your email/call. Remember there is always next cycle.

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    Anyone heard back from TLT? Feel a bit disheartened that I didn’t even make it through the first stage as people on LinkedIn seem to have got TC offers already.

Also any word on macfarlanes?

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Anyone heard back from TLT? Feel a bit disheartened that I didn’t even make it through the first stage as people on LinkedIn seem to have got TC offers already.

Also any word on macfarlanes?
    I was under the impression that TLT had only given out offers to those who were on the VS. Have you seen otherwise on LinkedIn? They should be getting back by September 7th.
    Supposedly Macs will get back by the end of September.

EMD

Aug 13, 2020
    I was under the impression that TLT had only given out offers to those who were on the VS. Have you seen otherwise on LinkedIn? They should be getting back by September 7th.
    Supposedly Macs will get back by the end of September.
    Yeah from what I’ve seen they’ve just given out vac scheme offers, there’s still hope for us all going direct :)

D

Deleted member 5185

If this is for Dentons, I had the same experience during my first cycle. I submitted the application and heard absolutely nothing back, it was very frustrating.

• 🤝
    Reactions: T.W and LegalNim
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.