Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Not completely giving up then ;)
I have booked long time before it was advertised on Linkedin..going to listen because I am on leave and I have nothing to do!Went for a run, did one hour of dumbbells..read, prepared lunch for my girlfriend, tidied the house..but I know that they have one place..so basically impossible.

But, on a bright note my interview for a policy advisor position was progressed to the next level. The route to a training contract is a nasty jungle and maybe a new industry is what I need.

• 🤝
Reactions: Eva, T.W, JayB and 2 others

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have booked long time before it was advertised on Linkedin..going to listen because I am on leave and I have nothing to do!Went for a run, did one hour of dumbbells..read, prepared lunch for my girlfriend, tidied the house..but I know that they have one place..so basically impossible.

But, on a bright note my interview for a policy advisor position was progressed to the next level. The route to a training contract is a nasty jungle and maybe a new industry is what I need.

not impossible at all (well unless you need a visa).

Law_Grad1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
How far in advance would you normally expect to be given a brief for an AC presentation? I had my spot confirmed yesterday for early next week and was told I'd hear more info shortly, but haven't had any further info yet (and conscious that Monday is a bank holiday too!).

Considering sending Grad Rec an email if I haven't heard back by tomorrow morning.

Law_Grad1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
what do you mean by "well unless you need a visa" do you think thats counted against you in the recruitment process if you're an international student/applicant?

In relation to Crowell above, they've said they are unable to sponsor Tier 2 visas unfortunately. I think otherwise it's a firm-by-firm consideration.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How far in advance would you normally expect to be given a brief for an AC presentation? I had my spot confirmed yesterday for early next week and was told I'd hear more info shortly, but haven't had any further info yet (and conscious that Monday is a bank holiday too!).

Considering sending Grad Rec an email if I haven't heard back by tomorrow morning.

you may not get the brief for a presentation task until the day itself.

Were you explicitly told you would need to prepare it before the AC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
what do you mean by "well unless you need a visa" do you think thats counted against you in the recruitment process if you're an international student/applicant?

The thread with all the detail about their TC says they can’t sponsor Tier 2 visas for their training contract. This is not surprising for a new entrant into the market - they may not have a licence to apply for the visa or they may not have the budget to be able to apply for one.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

Policy Advisor role - any chance it’s with one of the major government departments?

Law_Grad1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
you may not get the brief for a presentation task until the day itself.

Were you explicitly told you would need to prepare it before the AC?

The blurb on the apply4law AC booking page says "Please note you will also receive instructions for the presentation task element in advance of the half day assessment centre."

Email from grad rec also mentioned I'd receive further details once I'd confirmed my place, but neither said explicitly when that information would be provided.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The blurb on the apply4law AC booking page says "Please note you will also receive instructions for the presentation task element in advance of the half day assessment centre."

Email from grad rec also mentioned I'd receive further details once I'd confirmed my place, but neither said explicitly when that information would be provided.

when is your AC?

D

Deleted member 5185

Ah I was rejected post test for a policy advisor position, any insight would be much appreciated ! Congratulations !

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Ah I was rejected post test for a policy advisor position, any insight would be much appreciated ! Congratulations !
I have been rejected so many times for a job at Civil Service and I am already working for them as a contractor. I know the struggle..I have been trying for a while because I knew in my heart that getting a TC was unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.