Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Has anyone heard back from Latham & Watkins?

Hey! Latham’s TC offers to vac scheme students expire this Wednesday so I think you can expect to hear after that/next week once they know how many people have turned them down/accepted!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Thanks for the response. I am really interested in firms with a strong Finance/Banking Practice in particular, and was wondering whether Slaughters was one such firm!

Just to add to this, I think more than Finanace/Banking Slaughters are particularly renowned for their public M&A work. Just google some of the biggest mergers this year and you’ll see they probably hand a hand in most of it!

Reactions: Holly and dosblancos7

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anybody know of any practice case studies with written solutions too? I would love to see if I am hitting the relevant points!

The way many case studies are designed is that they have so many points that even the best candidate wouldn’t have enough time to cover them all. I wouldn’t fixate too much on whether you are hitting the same points as a written example to a case study exercise as it is likely to be the case that either the mock exercise isn’t that thorough, or that it only highlights some of the points you could pick up.

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Mar 2, 2020
    Hi everyone,
    when it comes to explaining the process between choosing firms to apply to in interview, is it fair enough to just say I only applied to firms which I had met so I could really get a feel for the people? Or should it be based more on practices etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.