Gowling WLG AC 2022 Feedback

LegalPersona

Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2021
When Gowling said “please give up to 3 preferences for the legal team” for the vacation scheme - does anyone know what the options are?
I just went on the website and made educational guesses at which legal teams they have based on conversations I’ve had with associates etc. i could be wrong but I’m sure they’ll tell us if what we named wasn’t a legal team

A K

Standard Member
Feb 4, 2022
When Gowling said “please give up to 3 preferences for the legal team” for the vacation scheme - does anyone know what the options are?
Hey, on their website they list the four legal teams as:

1. Commercial, Employment , Pensions and Projects
2. Real Estate Group
3. Corporate, Finance and Tax
4. Dispute Resolution Group

Jessica444

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Thanks, they pay for travel!
Are you sure? I emailed to ask about expenses and I received the following:

“We don't offer any financial support for accommodation/travel/food, however we are providing breakfast and lunch on the first day and we will be going out for an evening meal likely on the Wednesday evening where all costs will be covered. If you require transport to get home later in the evening after we have been out we are more than happy to compensate for this.

We do also have an on-site restaurant with subsidised food and fridges in the kitchens if you wish you bring your own lunch.“

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.