Gowling WLG VC Application Question

NadiaG

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hi all! For those who have completed the VI, did it involve an ‘introduce yourself’ question? And did you find that the questions were something you can prepare for?
there are no questions about you, although they do assess your thinking style in the first question, if you click on the link it takes you to the homepage of the test and briefly outlines what each of the 4 questions are on, they are all scenarios about tasks

• 🤝
Reactions: Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
there are no questions about you, although they do assess your thinking style in the first question, if you click on the link it takes you to the homepage of the test and briefly outlines what each of the 4 questions are on, they are all scenarios about tasks

Thanks for explaining! Can I access the brief outline of what each question involves before sitting the test? Or do you only see it once it begins?

IntrepidL

Legendary Member
Jul 29, 2018
Was wondering if anyone is facing technical difficulties with the VI for Gowling? The VI software on my laptop has frozen after I clicked 'next' and I am not able to move onto the next question. It's been loading for the past 10 minutes.

NadiaG

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Thanks for explaining! Can I access the brief outline of what each question involves before sitting the test? Or do you only see it once it begins?
if you click on the link to do the test online it will go straight to a homepage, you dont start the test when you click on it theres a separate button for that. on that page it gives an introduction for what the test is based on and a short video from grad recruitment

NadiaG

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Was wondering if anyone is facing technical difficulties with the VI for Gowling? The VI software on my laptop has frozen after I clicked 'next' and I am not able to move onto the next question. It's been loading for the past 10 minutes.
mine worked quite well, i read the faqs for the video interview platform and it said that in the case that theres technical difficulties you should be able to pick up from where you left off, i would email the platform on the email provided at the bottom of the test link email and also maybe grad recruitment so theyre aware

NadiaG

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hey

Congrats on getting the VI invite! Were there any competency questions? Are we able to practise our answers before proceeding with the video?

Thank you
hi thank you, there are no competency theres 4 scenarios, so situations youd find yourself in as a trainee so how you deal if someones got a bad attitude or if you dont know how to do a task (these were NOT the questions, i cant remember specific questions but these kind of themes). there is a practice round before your real one, alternatively you can do a separate practice on the platforms main page if you search them in google you can do practice runs as many times as you want

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.