Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2020
AHHHHHHH I just got my first ever interview... at Jones Day! (Crying while I type, never thought this day would come)

does any one have any extra tips - I know they're quite different to other firms.
Hi there! I interviewed at the firm & completed a Winter vac there in December. It was a fairly conversational interview. No weird questions. Just focused on getting to know you. Just be yourself and know your application form/CV inside out. Good luck & hope this helps!

• 🏆
Reactions: ComplianceChange

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
i Had a really weird question for me because I was not expecting it. It was if I had any case or statute that I disagreed with. I was like wth.. and I ended up talking about a human rights case.. haha.. really odd.. but asides from that it was really conversational

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Do you get a report or pass/fail email after doing the Hogan Lovells WG?

Not straight after. But, once you complete the WG, some weeks or months later (for me, this cycle, it was months), they will tell you once they review your WG and app together, whether you move unto the next stage or not :)

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019
Not straight after. But, once you complete the WG, some weeks or months later (for me, this cycle, it was months), they will tell you once they review your WG and app together, whether you move unto the next stage or not :)
O gosh the suspense will kill me! Thanks for letting me know. I hope yours came back with good news!

Frank

Valued Member
Dec 12, 2018
I applied to BCLP for a direct TC in Jan, but I haven't heard anything ever since, although others did on VS apps. Has anyone been processed onto the next app stage for a TC application? Thanks

tcplz

Premium Member
Aug 12, 2019
Any one else get an email from Reed Smith last week with the option of considering the Summer VS as well? I am a graduate which is why I applied to the Winter one- not sure why I was given the option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.