Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
I am also still waiting for Simmons post-VI and Reed Smith post-SST! Both winter.
Reed Smith deadline isn't until the end of November and the Winter VS is towards end of Feb. They probably won't be getting back till few weeks in November. I am at the graduate open day next week so will ask then.

Alaw96

Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Reed Smith deadline isn't until the end of November and the Winter VS is towards end of Feb. They probably won't be getting back till few weeks in November. I am at the graduate open day next week so will ask then.

I just heard back from Reed Smith, I passed the SST and onto the next stage. They are very vague as to what those next steps are.

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Has anybody done the Hogan Lovells Watson Glaser test yet for winter/summer vac scheme?

Also, does anybody have any idea what % HL look for or set as their pass mark?

Alaw96

Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
Me too. The FAQ on the website would suggest the next stage is interview but I’m not sure. I’ll ask at the Graduate Open Day next week and let you know.

The grad brochure has the next stage, after the SST, as 'research questions'. This explains why the initial app was so short. This contradicts with the info they provide in the FAQ's. What an odd process! I guess they just send us a second application form haha.

Reactions: ComplianceChange

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Has anybody done the Hogan Lovells Watson Glaser test yet for winter/summer vac scheme?

Also, does anybody have any idea what % HL look for or set as their pass mark?
I’m pretty confident firms are highly secretive about bench mark passing so I doubt this would be in the public domain (I could be wrong of course) it’s best not to focus and worry on the benchmark though I know it can be useful and reassuring when you do practice tests. Just try your best and make sure you have practiced enough and feel confident with the demands of the questions. :) I know that’s relatively unhelpful so I apologise but you can only do your best and don’t put too much pressure on yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.